Wedding Etiquette Forum

Merry Christmas Eve eve...

Re: Merry Christmas Eve eve...

• I'm pretty much done, I only had to buy for my cousin's kids, and I did that today.  I just have to wrap.  I'm still (impatiently) waiting to hear what we're doing for Christmas day.  H's family are so last-minute.  I hate it.  How about you?
    Photobucket
  • And shiit for kids is expensive!  holy crap.
    Photobucket
  • I did my wrapping today.  I have a gift card to buy (I tried to buy it today, but apparently the Blockbuster by my house is no longer in business and I had to get to work) and something for their baby (9 months) but we aren't seeing them until Monday so I will probably take care of it on Sunday.

I have house stuff to do though - I have to unearth the bed in the guest room, clean the bathrooms, and run the vaccuum before our friend stays at the house for 3 days with the dog while we're out of town.  I would be totally embarrassed if he saw my bathroom in the state it's in right now.
  • my house was clean 3 days ago.  it's like 14 people live her or something.
    Photobucket
  • I'm still here. The movie just finished. I am going to finish my peppermint bark.

I have a busy day tomorrow. I have to make pineapple casserole to take over to our friends house that invited us over on Christmas, make the sugar cookies and make the lasagna before we go to church tomorrow night. And I have to freeze the food we had bought for Christmas. I was going to cook it Sunday, but since we will be oot, MIL told me I can cook it and then freeze it. Then when we are ready to take it out, I can finish preparing it then.

H still has to go shopping for me. Talk about last minute, right. Well he has had a crazy past few days with the on call thing, so it really is ok.

• LOL... yeah - ours never lasts long in a clean state either.  Between H's inability to find the dishwasher and the dog shedding the kitchen and living room usually only last about 24 hours.
  • It's crazy how quick our apartment gets dirty even though it's just FI and me and our two cats.
  • I still don't know what time we're going to MIL's tomorrow.  I hope we aren't supposed to bring anything - since I have no plans or time to get to a store to buy any supplies to make anything tomorrow morning.
  • I blame the 6 animals.  They are always leaving their stuff out.
    Photobucket
  • Ha... yeah.  my dog has more toys then I do :)
  • I'm making my Cuban black beans.  We're going to BIL/SIL's tomorrow.  H is roasting a pig.  

Also, I"m trying to crochet a hat for my future nephew.  Yup, it's domestic time. 
  • sorry, yes I was.

Sadly, it's making me feel better about our situation.   Which I know will get better once we are finally done with Child Support.  10 months 14 days left paying for two kids and then we are down to one year for one kid.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have more dog toys to sew seams up on- I might get to it tomorrow.  But probably not :).
  • aMrs - that's almost like light at the end of a tunnel, huh?  Still doesn't help with the employment situation, but it might make you able to afford to have a LIFE, which will be half the battle :).
  • FMIL bought our cats a bunch of new toys for Christmas. Now they're really going to make a mess.
  • You ladies are making me think I should clean again before we leave Sunday.
  • Well, I need to go do my nightly wrap up.  I want to be walking out the door at 12:01 right behind the last of my employees :).
  • my H is watching the most depressing movie.  The Road with Viggo Mortensen.  
    Photobucket
  • I'm watching Talledega Nights.  Yes, I like guy humor.  
  • I HATE guy humor, but I would much rather watch that!  
    Photobucket
  • I need to see if I can find my holiday table linens.

If I don't catch up with you all over the weekend, have a very Merry Christmas!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • You too aMrs!  Hopefully you won't be so sticky for Christmas!
    Photobucket
  • I'm watching worlds dumbest.
    Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
  • Merry Christmas, aMrs!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_merry-christmas-eve-eve?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:d539d78c-f02f-4e0e-8502-0aeb621e5e5ePost:3bc0b2ca-4a36-469d-8d8b-2e5092318c99">Re: Merry Christmas Eve eve...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I want a job to be busy at.
    Posted by bree4305[/QUOTE]

Me, too.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_merry-christmas-eve-eve?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d539d78c-f02f-4e0e-8502-0aeb621e5e5ePost:64fc9b78-e40a-4217-aa91-d3531e552259">Re: Merry Christmas Eve eve...</a>:
    [QUOTE]H and I have 2 joint accounts and then we each have our own accounts.  He pays his CC bills on his own, I pay mine, the rest of the bills are sorta split up, but I handle all the big ones.
    Posted by kellyjellybelly[/QUOTE]

<div>We're currently transitioning to a system like this. All bills will come from the joint account and we have joint savings, but we pay our own debt (CC and student loans). Most of the money in the joint account is technically DH's, but that won't always be the case, and since the bills are both of ours, it makes sense we both see what's going on and can both manage them.</div>
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Oh yeah, my H is free to check out our account at any time, he just never does.  Currently, I'm the only one contributing to the joint acct, but hopefully H can find a better job soon.  
    Photobucket
  • DH and I have 2 joit accouts and then each have 2 personal accounts. We put a set amount each week into the joint accounts to pay certain bills and then whatever else we make goes into our personal accounts to use and do whatever we please.
    Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
  • Right now I cover all of our major stuff (rent, monthly bills), and H is working on paying down his student loans and covers his personal expenses.  I think if we move soon, we'll probably open up a new bank account in our new home that is joint and start combining stuff.
  • Merry Christmas aMrs!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards