Connecticut
Options

Favor Bags or Tins?

I'm having a candy buffet at our wedding reception and am unsure what to buy for guests to put the candy in.  Should I get some type of printed bag- or is that too tacky?  Or should I get something else...like a tin?  I think the bag will hold more, but don't want it to look cheap.

Any suggestions as to where I should buy the favor bags or tins for the candy buffet?

Re: Favor Bags or Tins?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    How about those little Chinese take out boxes? They come in a variety of colors and are super cute.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was also going to say Chinese take out boxes.  You can print cute little stickers to put on the boxes with your names & wedding date, etc too to make them more personal.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used gold chinese take out boxes since gold was one of our colors. We ordered them from Papermart which was a lot cheaper than the other places I had researched.
  • Options
    cdbishopcdbishop member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like the idea of the chinese box as well.  You can also take a look at places like Michaels or AC Moore.  They will have little box type items to consider.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Chinese take out containers ! you can buy them from your local take-out chinese restaurant & save half the cost ! my family has done this before! -->>if you dont mind it being white, wrap & tie a ribbon (the color of your wedding scheme) around it & put a personalized sticker to top it off! i am also doing a candy buffet & buying the reccomended 1/2 pint size container for less than 25 cent a piece ! STEAL
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    AWESOME IDEAS!!!  Thanks!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I found these from papermart.com about $0.18 each...not too shabby

http://www.papermart.com/Product%20Pages/Product.aspx?GroupID=14726&SubGroupID=14727&ParentGroupID=18899#14727

they are paper bags with ties- like a coffee bag, I'm ordering a stamp from etsy to customize them

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    planning bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i used cudge.net for favor boxes.  I got 100 pink boxes for approx. $16

check out my Candy Buffet post and you can see photos of the completed favor boxes! :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

120 have been sent the invite image
    90 are ready to boogie image
    26 are party poopers image
    4 haven't read the etiquette book image
    RSVP DATE : April 10, 2011

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This doesn't answer your question but I wanted to give you a heads up.  I went to a wedding last weekend that had a candy buffet.  The containers were open at the top, on a standard 8x10 table and no one monitored the candy.  All night kids would just walk up and grab the candy with their hands.  Most adults wouldn't even go near the candy bar after watching the kids. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards