New Jersey

Newly Engaged and In Need of Advice - Gramercy at Lakeside Manor

Hi All!  
Been engaged for just a month and my FI and I are just starting to check out venues.  We have a strict budget of $120-$130 per person with 100 guests.  I know this might sound redundent but I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the Gramercy at Lakeside Manor?  My FI is very interested in the place and the reviews on here are very old.  Anyone had a good or bad experience or have an idea of what cost pp might be?  We have an appointment on October 6th to go look at it and I want to make sure that we are prepared and know what questions to ask and want to make sure we are getting fair price, etc.

Thanks in advance for any help!!

Re: Newly Engaged and In Need of Advice - Gramercy at Lakeside Manor

• The inside is absolutely gorgeous. The cocktail hour room looks like a club. The ballroom is stunning from what I could see (there was a wedding goign on) As far as pricing goes initially he said it was around $140 a head without taxes or gratuity . Then we asked him if he could lower the price he brought it down to $144 pp including taxes and gratuity. Before you go there ask them if they have a minimum headcount, as I believe they have one.

Good Luck!!
  • Thanks for your response!  We are going there this weekend.  I've read about people having weddings there with only 80 guests so I think we are ok as far as that goes.  Did they offer you a complimentary tasting?
  • We went there and I was very disappointed. My FI and I felt as though we were treated as second class citizens.  The gentleman who was showing us around did nothing but text the entire time.  He took us to go outside and did not try to tell us anything about the venue or show us the ceremoney area.  He came off as very arrogant and had no customer service skills.  The place is beautiful but it just gave me a great concern about how we would be treated on our wedding day so we immediately crossed it off our list.

We went to the Addison Park immediately after and what a difference in customer service and treatment - and also in flexibility.  We are going back to the Addison Park tonight to make our date there official!! So excited! It was my dream venue but I never thought we would be able to afford it but Anthony was great and now I'm going to have the winter wedding of my dreams!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_newly-engaged-and-in-need-of-advice-gramercy-at-lakeside-manor?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:f5a09087-82c6-4e26-b1b5-738fee5a8bebPost:362e59ca-44fb-41d1-9a47-28c2acd98f85">Re: Newly Engaged and In Need of Advice - Gramercy at Lakeside Manor</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for your response!  We are going there this weekend.  I've read about people having weddings there with only 80 guests so I think we are ok as far as that goes.  Did they offer you a complimentary tasting?
    Posted by epicfani[/QUOTE]

I just got engaged too. We are going to look at lakeside. We are really picky about the food. Most places won't let you do a tasting unless you book. Did you say lakeside does a tasting prior?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_newly-engaged-and-in-need-of-advice-gramercy-at-lakeside-manor?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:f5a09087-82c6-4e26-b1b5-738fee5a8bebPost:890caed0-d50e-4f5d-a3d2-5deb081677d6">Re: Newly Engaged and In Need of Advice - Gramercy at Lakeside Manor</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Newly Engaged and In Need of Advice - Gramercy at Lakeside Manor : I just got engaged too. We are going to look at lakeside. We are really picky about the food. Most places won't let you do a tasting unless you book. Did you say lakeside does a tasting prior?
    Posted by Kayte31[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>No they do not.  His words were "my reviews should speak for itself".  That really turned me off.</div>
  • Does anyone know prices per person for cocktail style reception?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_newly-engaged-and-in-need-of-advice-gramercy-at-lakeside-manor?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:f5a09087-82c6-4e26-b1b5-738fee5a8bebPost:078892ca-8dba-4bf6-a8f9-145a8d486de2">Re: Newly Engaged and In Need of Advice - Gramercy at Lakeside Manor</a>:
    [QUOTE]Does anyone know prices per person for cocktail style reception?
    Posted by poshhunny[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>I just booked my wedding at the Gramercy. We are doing a sit down meal, but I believe the prices are pretty much the same for sit down VS cocktail. Between 125-165 pp depending on when your event is. </div><div>
    </div><div>Let me know if you have any other questions!</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_newly-engaged-and-in-need-of-advice-gramercy-at-lakeside-manor?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:f5a09087-82c6-4e26-b1b5-738fee5a8bebPost:911b48a3-289b-49c4-813e-d90b5e380698">Re: Newly Engaged and In Need of Advice - Gramercy at Lakeside Manor</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Newly Engaged and In Need of Advice - Gramercy at Lakeside Manor : I just booked my wedding at the Gramercy. We are doing a sit down meal, but I believe the prices are pretty much the same for sit down VS cocktail. Between 125-165 pp depending on when your event is.  Let me know if you have any other questions!
    Posted by khorniacek[/QUOTE]

hi, is that price 125-165 for peak season? anyone have prices for off season?
  • Hi, What month did you have your wedding at The Lakeside Manor?? If you didn't have your wedding there which month were you quoted the 144 price? I'm just curious because the place is beautiful! Any information would be greatly appreciated!!!
  • Does anyone have anymore feedback from gramercy at lakeside manor. We are going to look there next weekend, and I would love to know how the food was and the service of Syed who I believe is the Maitre D?
  • went to see the venue because the place looked really nice online. syed was completely rude. like someone previously mentioned he was texting the whole time, we had to ask him how things were run, didn't show us the outside venue as he stood by the door and had us look ourselves, and when asking him a question he would reply "its in the brochure". was considering the place but he turned us off completely.  they need to find a person to replace him!
  • Had the same experience as the person above. He was willing to bring down the price but no more than $5/pp and did not take off there ridiculous service fee.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards