New York-New York City
Options

Best Month for a New York Wedding

I'm from Canada and am looking at having my wedding in New York - I had been looking at having it on September 23, but the hotel we've been in contact with has said that the G8 Summit could be held then, resulting in road closures etc.

We are having an outdoor wedding and obviously don't want it to be too hot, or too cold; however, we did really want a fall wedding. Is October pushing it? I've done some research and the average temp is 58....Any better suggestions?

Re: Best Month for a New York Wedding

• Options
    AniaNYCAniaNYC member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

how about May?

• Options
    positivelypositively member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like early September and yes, keep away from the GU summit - you can't get around the city.  And first week of November is the Marathon.
  • Options
    rv224rv224 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Early October should be fine. Weather in the past few years have been unpredictable but I think the first week of October should be tame.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The best months to have a wedding in New York are August and September. June and July tend to be very hot, while October and November it starts to become too cold. August and September are the perfect inbetween temperatures for a wedding
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The weather is unpredictable here, it's the only thing about NY that drives absolutely bananas. This year we had a hurricane in September and last Saturday, Oct 29th, it snowed. I'd personally prefer to "guarantee" (for lack of a better word) that the weather was perfect for my outdoor wedding, so I'd pick August. I can see how a Fall wedding would be charming but having it here means to really risk it, IMO. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    October can be beautiful, but once fall its we can get a lot of rain. But New York is tricky no matter what month. I remember one year it rained every Saturday in June. I would suggest that no matter when you plan for, make sure you have a back-up rain plan.
  • Options
    angybanezangybanez member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    September weddings are beautiful! October too in the first week in NYC. Have you tried looking at venues in the outer boroughs that overlooks NYC? DUMBO or Liberty Restaurant in Jersey City that overlooks the water? Rooftop weddings with the hotels nearby also works for some weddings I've seen. Best of luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards