Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Chicken, which would you choose?

So my FI and I recently had our food tasting and we're trying to decide which chicken will be a better choice. The two options are pecan crusted chicken and chicken prosciutto. They were both amazing but our worry with pecan crusted chicken is nut allergies, and our worry with prosciutto is non-ham eaters. So which would you choose?

1. Pecan Crusted Chicken - lightly breaded breast of chicken accented with honey pecan beurre monte
2. Chicken Prosciutto - prosciutto wrapped chicken breast stuffed with gouda cheese and accented with parmesan balsamella sauce

Re: Chicken, which would you choose?

• Are you having any other options?  If this chicken is going to be your only option, I would pick something else for the reasons you mention (nut allergies and ham).  
  • The pecan crusted is what I would prefer, but like PPs said, if that's the only option, you should probably go with something else entirely to avoid the potential ham and nuts problem. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • There will be other options, just asking about chicken.
  • I would pick ham only because my dad can't eat nuts or seed and he also doesn't eat pork or shellfish. The first one isn't an option because he can get sick but if there are few options and pork is one of them then he might bend a bit and eat the pork.
  • I loooooooovvvvvveeee me some prosciutto. That!
  • Xstatic3333Xstatic3333 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited March 2013
    I voted pecan, even though I myself have a serious nut allergy. Someone with a nut allergy could choose another option, unless they are severe enough that they can't have nuts in the kitchen at all, in which case they would contact you about their special requirements. I have a couple of guests at my wedding, though, who eat poultry only yet would be bummed by a vegetarian meal. It would be tough if you had one of those who was also allergic to nuts, but those of us with allergies are generally more used to compromise. Either way, you know your guest list best and what will make most of your group happy!
  • I voted for the second cuz I loooooooove Gouda!

As Stage said, though, which will make a better menu option for you depends on what the other entrees are.
  • I vote whichever one you like best! If there are other options, I wouldn't worry about the nut or ham problem.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_chicken-which-would-you-choose?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:23Discussion:95a08de8-5960-417d-9559-b95fb3a8b2d1Post:30438c1d-2234-4b52-bbd1-d428dd8b3e51">Re: Chicken, which would you choose?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I vote whichever one you like best! If there are other options, I wouldn't worry about the nut or ham problem.
    Posted by leasimon[/QUOTE]

lovely.  Nevermind if one of her guests cannot eat becaue of religious beliefs or the food will actually kill them.
    Proud to be an old married hag!! image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards