Massachusetts

Central MA Reception Locations

Can anyone comment on their experiences either having their wedding or going to a wedding at:Chocksett Inn, Sterling, MAWachusett Village Inn, Westminster, MACyprian Keyes, Boylston, MAWhat about other locations in that general area.Many thanks!

Re: Central MA Reception Locations

• lauralaurlauralaur member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Chocksett Inn is pretty, but the food wasn't great. They served the wrong salad at my friend's wedding and the chicken was horrible. Cyprian Keyes is nice. We looked into Wachusett Village Inn - they had a great package! The only reason we didn't book is that we would have wanted the Cathedral room, which at that point was under construction and we didn't want to book sight unseen. Good luck!
  • Smurfy1513Smurfy1513 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've also been looking for Central MA venues. Although I would like something other than a country club, etc even though that's all I've pretty much found. A little offbeat would be awesome.

I've been looking at Zukas Hilltop Barn and Blissful Meadows Country Club.

It would be nice to find a place where it's cheaper than $50 a head too.
  • Katie829Katie829 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i am having my reception at the manor in westboylston... reasonable packages that are some what inclusive.. food is delicious, they have a restaurant and we had our engagement party there
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Whatever you do, don't stay at the Colonial Hotel in Gardner. The management is completely awful. They booked me in a room above the bar the night before my wedding (at 11am) so I had to sleep in my bridesmaid's room. I had asked to be moved to another room, but they told me they were sold out. When I asked for a refund they said they didn't feel like they should give me one b/c I could have checked out (YES, the GM suggested that I should have checked out of the hotel the night before my wedding) and my bridesmaid slept in my room (I went to bed before 12, she went to bed at 2am). They said they could have turned around the room for another guest since they have 24 hour housekeeping. I've never heard a bigger lie. I've been in hotels for a number of years, and even if you work in a luxury hotel, the latest you'll have somebody there is 11pm. It wouldn't make financial sense otherwise. The GM is appalingly rude and unprofessional. I would never speak to a guest the way she spoke to me.
  • jwright1jwright1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married at the Chocksett Inn in 30 days and I can't wait.  It is beautiful and I don't know about the food on the day of the wedding obviously,  but everything at our tasting was fabulous!  They have a relatively new chef who is very accomodating.  Maybe that bad experience was a fluke, or maybe that was with the old chef.  Everyone there is fabulous to work with and I couldn't imagine getting married anywhere else.  They have a good package and awesome preferred vendors.
  • jwright1jwright1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't like the Colonial Hotel in Gardner either!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi All,
    Thank you very much for your ideas and insight.  My FI and I booked the Chocksett Inn in Sterling, MA for May 7, 2011.  We were impressed with the fairly new ballroom (2007), the location, the Inn and the on-site wedding coordinator.  We are having the ceremony at the Holy Family of Nazareth in Leominster (10 min down the street).

Now on to booking DJ, photographer, transportation and getting the DRESS!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards