Getting in Shape

Workout Accountability: Thursday

Happy Thursday (it's technically my Friday!)

I had a nice 4 mile run yesterday and actually remembered to stretch after. Tonight I'm lifting and doing the elliptical.  

I took tomorrow off from work since it's my birthday! I probably won't be on here tomorrow, but I do plan on sleeping in and going for a nice, long run.  Maybe 6 miles. FI is taking me shopping this weekend, since a lot of my clothes are no longer fitting (which is a nice, but kind of expensive problem to have). 

How did everyone else do? 
imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Workout Accountability: Thursday

• Happy (almost) Birthday, Jude!

I did a yoga video last night (after jogging yesterday AM), and jogged on the treadmill again this morning.  I slowed my pace a bit from normal today again, as I'm still unwinding from Monday's killer workout.  Today is Bring Your Child to Work Day, too, so I'm probably going to be on my feet all day with the kids.
    Eating has also been going well this week, aside from a few handfuls of plain cheerios last night when I got hungry after dinner. 

I have my dress fitting on Friday, so I've been trying to do really well, which makes me really anxious about all of the food on Saturday and Sunday (shower, and friend's going-away-party.)  I feel like I have to at least have some cake at my own shower, but I almost don't want to because I've been working so hard lately and I'm just starting to see some great results.
    Anniversary
  • Good luck with your fitting Lobsters!! I am sure it will be great, and the parties following will I'm sure be a challenge, but that is real life right? I like to have what we call a "filet of cake" seriously the thinnest piece you can cut!

I ran 3.77 miles yesterday and then stopped bc I was close to vom! I was running pretty fast for me so that I still feel good about it! I am going to do 4 this afternoon- weather permitting! I have to talk to some parents tongiht at a kingerdarten info night so I am kind of annoyed that I have to come back to work after running and everything, but thats work right? Always making you do slightly annoying things!

Mari- To answer you from yesterday I am in the Utica area- I lived in Rochester (Pittsford) for a year while I was doing my dietetic internship with Cornell! I worked at Strong and Monroe County CCE for a bit that year. I love Rochester!

Sorry this got so long!
  • Happy birthday early Jude!!

It's been a rough week for me.  I didn't feel like the gym last night so I didn't.  Eating is ok, but not great.  But I know I will get back into it today. 

Lobsters--good luck this weekend and at the fitting!
    Once upon a time, there was a boy who loved a girl, and her laughter was a question he wanted to spend his whole life answering.
  • edited April 2012
    Happy Birthday eve, Jude!!!

Lobsters its your shower you have to have some cake! I know how you feel I don't even want to indulge that once in a while ever when I really start seeing the progress. But it is your shower lol. I like the "fillet of cake" idea from kpdorr!

kpdorr - It's so funny to meet someone on here who lived in Rochester! I absolutely love the Pittsford area, it's where my gym is lol.

Last night I did a quick work out, back, abs, and shoulders. FI came home from NYC last night and I was so excited to see him so I only did a few sets for each of those groups. This morning I went to spin class. I may try out a new gym tomorrow. It's the gym thats near my FIs house that I will ultimately be using when I move there. Same company, just differnent location. I have so much anxiety about it! I always get super anxious when I'm trying a new gym. I don't know why, it's ridiculous. Like I will probably sit in my car for 10 minutes talking myself into going in lol.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Happy early bday and early Friday Jude :)

Last night I ran with FI.  When he reached his turnaround point I ran a little farther to get a full 5K in.  I like running together, even though this time we had our headphones on and zoned out.  Tonight I'm going to start my leg exercises!  I want to incorporate hand weights with them so I am going to do a little searching online...
  • Morning Ladies!

Last night I went to interval training and then Turbo kick, 2 whole hours of torture, jk!

Tonight is zumba toning!

Happy Early Birthday Jude=)
  • Happy Early Birthday Jude!  I'm a Taurus too (my bday is Sunday).  My FI is getting me the same gift!

Lobsters, good luck at your fitting!!  

This morning we lifted shoulders & biceps.  I tweaked my shoulder just a tiny bit the other day when we lifted chest, so I took it fairly easy as far as weight goes today.  I'm icing it a lot...hoping it doesn't get worse.  

We did about 20 minutes on the elliptical too.  
  • Happy almost b-day, Jude! Good luck at the fitting, lobsters, I'm sure it will be fine!

Last night I must have eaten something that did not agree with me because my acid reflux was a fire ball in my stomach. I skipped the work out which made me feel yucky because I won't have time until possibly Saturday, but most likely Sunday, to work out again.

I am in a wedding tomorow, so have a great weekend everyone! Great work; keep it up!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Happy early birthday Jude!

I only got stretching/crunches and 40 minutes on the elliptical yesterday. I wanted to get weights in as well but FI was all whiney about wanting to go home. I get WAY better workouts in when FI doesn't come with me to the gym, but I like his company...so tough!
  • Way to go everyone! And thanks for the lovely birthday wishes!

Lobsters. Seriously. Please eat some cake at your shower.

Kpdorr and Maribeth, you guys always make me miss upstate :(  
    And Maribeth I totally understand "new gym anxiety".  I hate walking around trying to find equipment/weights and looking like a gym newb. You can do it though! 

Reggies: Happy early birthday to you too! 
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Lobsters, a small piece of cake will not undo everything you've been doing.  Seriously.  It's a piece of cake, not an ENTIRE cake ;)
  • Happy early birthday Jude! I love your plans to celebrate... a run and some clothes. Love it!

Lobsters... yes. Eat cake! You've still got time and your shower/party is right after your fitting. Enjoy the day and then get back to laser focus the next day. :-)

Today I'll run for 30 minutes and will do a full body 30-minute circuit. It's my first day back from all the wedding hoopla and I just realized that graduation is now two weeks away. Yay!

Going grocery shopping in an hour to stock up on some healthy goodies. I can definitely feel the difference after the past few days with lots of food and drink and the fact that I wasn't in control of the ingredients even though the food was delicious and not processed. I'm sure it'll take a couple days to get back on track.

Happy Thursday!
    imageimage

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

• Oh don't worry ladies, cake will be had at the shower.  That's never been an issue, the idea is just just looming over me right now. (Plus, every time I eat something rich after being healthy, I get super sick.  It never fails.)

Happy early birthday to you, as well, Reggie!  Way to go on the hills, K! 

I have the same feeling about the term 'diet.'  I prefer to try and say "I'm just watching what I eat" and similar statements, which isn't a whole ton better, but feels closer to the truth.
    Anniversary
  • Frances- we've never really interacted before but your look happy and amazing in your sig pic!!! Congratulations on the wedding!!!
  • Gonna use the bowflex today again! I figured it out and it is no longer scary. The weather sucks today, so I'll speed walk a few km on the treadmill too.

Happy early birthdays you two lovely ladies!

K - I hate the word 'diet' too, even though everyone has a 'diet' since that's the real term for just what you eat... but when people ask if I'm on a diet, or if I'm dieting - I always say no. I say, I'm just making good food choices and eating in moderation! (I loved what someone wrote a few days ago "Eat to live, don't live to eat" - I might start saying that) A few people roll their eyes and say "same thing" but I think it gets the point across.

A pet peeve I have now is seeing the girls I work with flip flop back and forth between dieting/cleansing and being terrible to their bodies. One of my good friends "cleanses" about once every month and a half for a week or so and then goes back to binge drinking (I mean HEAVY binge drinking, like at least 3 times a week) and eating mcdonald's or equivalent every day. It makes me go cross-eyed, but not much I can do but bring veggies and fruits to work and encourage people to help me eat them, lol!

Have a good day everyone!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Not exactly a high intensity workout, but I wandered lower Manhattan lugging my heavy backpack for 45 minutes or so today.  I need to get back to the gym, but it's almost the end of my semester and there is so much writing to do.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Daisypath Graduation tickers
  • Tomorrow is my birthday as well, it it FOR SURE will be my day off haha!

After going out last night to watch the Bruins game (Frown) FI and I had some nachoes and as good as I tried to me, yes I had a few. But I worked out that morning and this morning went on the stationary bike for 40 minutes. Add a softball game tonight and I should be ok! No working out for me until Monday....going to NYC this weekend for my birthday :) have a good weekend!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_workout-accountability-thursday-27?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:1215bc0a-1072-4877-ae4e-d103ff7df2b2Post:66c888bd-cc85-4949-9be9-15c25368bbc4">Re: Workout Accountability: Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Frances- we've never really interacted before but your look happy and amazing in your sig pic!!! Congratulations on the wedding!!!
    Posted by kpdorr[/QUOTE]

Awwww thanks Kpdorr!!!! It was an awesome awesome day. It went by so fast, but I definitely tried to take time to relish in the beauty of the day. :)
    imageimage

• First: happy (belated) birthday!
    Second: another doctor who fan?!?!? <3 it!!!!
    Third: are you looking for an accountability partner? cause I desperately need one!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_workout-accountability-thursday-27?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:1215bc0a-1072-4877-ae4e-d103ff7df2b2Post:66c888bd-cc85-4949-9be9-15c25368bbc4">Re: Workout Accountability: Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Frances- we've never really interacted before but your look happy and amazing in your sig pic!!! Congratulations on the wedding!!!
    Posted by kpdorr[/QUOTE]

Thank you so much!!! It was a fabulous day... as early as it was getting married at 7am. It was so worth it. We totally made a full party out of the whole day. :-)
    imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards