May 2012 Weddings

Anyone else feeling sick about $$?

So I am not over budget, and likely wont go over. I set our budget at $10k. I am paying for everything (FI bought the house). I just feel like right now everything I make goes to bills and paying off my Line of Credit. Which now looks like most of the left over wedding costs will be going.
I've had unexpected expenses that have not helped my dog got sick back in the fall ($350) and then my car broke last month ($800).

I know in the grand scheme of things it will all work out eventually. There are people with way more debt than me and struggle more, but I feel very very broke lately.

Really it's my own fault. I know people say to wait until you can afford the wedding (or whatever). But seriously, if I waited it would be years and years. And yes I am a bride who wants the actual wedding lol.

What I have decided to do now is every pay take out the cash I need for gas and a bit extra for myself and the rest goes to where it needs to be. I think I should leave my Visa at home too :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Anyone else feeling sick about $$?

• uh, yes. I'm super sick over money. 

I posted yesterday about my taxes...which I owe this year, major let down. I was banking on a pretty sizable return....alas, it was not to be. FI's tax return was also not as large as last year's. AND my dog had ACL surgery about a month ago....so...awesome. 

And, added bonus....we're buying a house and are closing on it in 3 weeks. This is a great thing...but whoever told me buying a house 2 months before my wedding would be a good idea should be shot.

OK end of vent. I have it really good in comparison to other people across the world, I know. blarg. 
    imageAnniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_anyone-else-feeling-sick-about?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:72346a36-78a3-45f3-b46c-1e86870759b9Post:93efb368-2864-4c8e-8b19-a0a6313e7ed1">Re: Anyone else feeling sick about $$?</a>:
    [QUOTE]uh, yes. I'm super sick over money.  I posted yesterday about my taxes...which I owe this year, major let down. I was banking on a pretty sizable return....alas, it was not to be. FI's tax return was also not as large as last year's. AND my dog had ACL surgery about a month ago....so...awesome.  And, added bonus....we're buying a house and are closing on it in 3 weeks. This is a great thing...<strong>but whoever told me buying a house 2 months before my wedding would be a good idea should be shot.</strong> OK end of vent. I have it really good in comparison to other people across the world, I know. blarg. 
    Posted by evenundomiel[/QUOTE]

after buying my house a couple years ago, and knowing what it's like to plan a wedding, i have no idea how you're doing both at the same time.... i would probably shoot the guy also  lol

i'm sick about money because i have a really good job with really good pay, and my FI got a job and is working in CO.  i'm quitting my really good job with really good pay and moving out to CO a week before the wedding. i am very independent and knowing i won't have the financial security and i'll be relying on FH to support both of us REALLY freaks me out..  i know everything will be ok, but it's still scary
  • Uh I hate that I have spent so much money on this wedding. I can think of so many more things for it to go to than just 1 day. Like a new car for me since mine sucks. It's not like we don't have the money but I can just think of so much other stuff to spend it on.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_anyone-else-feeling-sick-about?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:72346a36-78a3-45f3-b46c-1e86870759b9Post:93efb368-2864-4c8e-8b19-a0a6313e7ed1">Re: Anyone else feeling sick about $$?</a>:
    [QUOTE]uh, yes. I'm super sick over money.  I posted yesterday about my taxes...which I owe this year, major let down. I was banking on a pretty sizable return....alas, it was not to be. FI's tax return was also not as large as last year's. AND my dog had ACL surgery about a month ago....so...awesome.  And, added bonus....we're buying a house and are closing on it in 3 weeks. This is a great thing...but <strong>whoever told me buying a house 2 months before my wedding would be a good idea should be shot</strong>. OK end of vent. I have it really good in comparison to other people across the world, I know. blarg. 
    Posted by evenundomiel[/QUOTE]

HA! we need more of this kind of humor around here ;)
  • Money is making me crazy! Everything keeps getting more expensive, and we still have 2 whole more months to go- I can't imagine what else we still have in store for us. I'm tired of watching our bank accounts like a hawk, telling FI what he can and can't buy- I can't wait until we can afford to go to the movies at night again ;p

Stupid money!
  • I was just having a mini meltdown about this. I hadn't thought about a million little things and now with the wedding just two months away I'm thinking of all the stuff I still need to pay for. Even things like a dress for my bachelorette, etc. On top of that my car engine just died so I had to buy a new car which I hadn't anticipated and was the rest of my savings and now another $350 a month I hadn't been thinking about going towards something else. My FI and keep our finances seperate - he's paying for the reception but I'm paying for everything else. It sucks. I feel like I can't go out or do anything fun for the next two months - although I probably will anyway and add to my debt which is stupid. We never made an offiical budget so all in all, yes this stinks. OK sorry I am done venting for now. Needed to get that out.
    Anniversary
  • This is exactly what I have been thinking about the last couple of days, I spent time this morning making a list of things that still need to be paid off and I began to feel very overwhelmed.  I agree with other posters that it will all work out, but right now I can't stop thinking about the rate at which money just keep being spent.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • same..my dad is paying for the hall and I am trying my best to pay for all the little stuff. he paid for my dress and hall..and he will get hte stamps...but...i paid for the rest...

yay dad!
  • My gut rolls (LITERALLY) everytime I think about how much Ive spent. We set our budget although we realizwe because of our venue we cant set a set budget. (we get one large bill at the end of the day as its a private section of a resturant).  I still have alterations, honeymoon suite, last half of fee to photog and officiant. I have to pay the musician and the baker.... and oh so much more. Needless to say we are WAY over budget, and actually stand to spend twice our original budget. We are having to chip in our Down Payment fund but atleast we have until october to build that back up!
     Okay, done venting.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_anyone-else-feeling-sick-about?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:72346a36-78a3-45f3-b46c-1e86870759b9Post:64564276-d383-46d4-9e72-504b252d2816">Re: Anyone else feeling sick about $$?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Money is making me crazy! Everything keeps getting more expensive, and we still have 2 whole more months to go- I can't imagine what else we still have in store for us. I<strong>'m tired of watching our bank accounts like a hawk, telling FI what he can and can't buy</strong>- I can't wait until we can afford to go to the movies at night again ;p Stupid money!
    Posted by amandad18[/QUOTE]

I can't wait until I don't have to worry how much is in savings and just buywhatever we want/need. Every $ I think about what it needs to be saved for. I hate telling FI he can't buy something even though we technically have the money. But the money is already spent.

Its going to be very sad to see our saving go from such a big amount to little to nothing in a few days.
    Unplanned BFP#1 12/15/09 7wks m/c 12/24/09 Anniversary image
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_anyone-else-feeling-sick-about?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:72346a36-78a3-45f3-b46c-1e86870759b9Post:2a9da09f-9c32-4716-8230-7f28ebc3c046">Re: Anyone else feeling sick about $$?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone else feeling sick about $$? :<strong> after buying my house a couple years ago, and knowing what it's like to plan a wedding, i have no idea how you're doing both at the same time.</strong>... i would probably shoot the guy also  lol i'm sick about money because i have a really good job with really good pay, and my FI got a job and is working in CO.  i'm quitting my really good job with really good pay and moving out to CO a week before the wedding. i am very independent and knowing i won't have the financial security and i'll be relying on FH to support both of us REALLY freaks me out..  i know everything will be ok, but it's still scary
    Posted by comeongetdown[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>THIS!  The only reason we had a long engagement (since Oct. 2010) was because we were buying a house, which was a huge headache.  Not to mention costly!  Now after buying a house & planning a wedding, I am definitely glad we decided to put the wedding off a bit.

</div>
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Yes I am stressed! My parents are helping A LOT but that doesn't help ease my stress because I worry about them too. We actually told me today "we don't know if you are worried but if you are, don't be because we are on track for everything" so that kind of helps. I'm still stressed about how I'm going to pay for things but I'm doing the best I can with budgeting so it is what is I guess. I'm sure it will all work out! 
    Photobucket
  • I am SO SO SO stressed out about money also!!!!!

Everything is so expensive. Weddings truly are as expensive as everyone says. AND, I feel like we went "cheap" on some things and cut corners and just did 'budget friendly' and it is still so expensive. yikes!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_anyone-else-feeling-sick-about?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:72346a36-78a3-45f3-b46c-1e86870759b9Post:c0bac50b-2afa-4238-8ec1-4073df82c9b3">Re: Anyone else feeling sick about $$?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am SO SO SO stressed out about money also!!!!! Everything is so expensive. Weddings truly are as expensive as everyone says. <strong>AND, I feel like we went "cheap" on some things and cut corners and just did 'budget friendly' and it is still so expensive.</strong> yikes!
    Posted by ACKHillaryP[/QUOTE]

<div>THIS. EXACTLY.</div><div>
    </div><div>I feel like we aren't doing anything super fancy- DIY everything, no fancy transportation, buying everything on sale, limiting the bar, doing a buffet over real catering, the whole saving money nine yards- But the final costs are still astronomical to us :/</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_anyone-else-feeling-sick-about?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:72346a36-78a3-45f3-b46c-1e86870759b9Post:d1a1cf59-ff01-4666-8e18-736bdd7f2d27">Re: Anyone else feeling sick about $$?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone else feeling sick about $$? : THIS. EXACTLY. I feel like we aren't doing anything super fancy- DIY everything, no fancy transportation, buying everything on sale, limiting the bar, doing a buffet over real catering, the whole saving money nine yards- But the final costs are still astronomical to us :/
    Posted by amandad18[/QUOTE]

DITTO!  We are trying our BEST to cut corners, but it's still really adding up!  My Mom, FI, and I have paid for everything thus far, but we have a ways to go.  My Dad called yesterday and told me that he would like to help.  I have no idea how much.. we'll see.  I never, ever would have imagined that we would be spending this much money. 

On a side note- we start renting this month.  We were determined that we were going to buy, but couldn't find anything that worked for us...  I'm kind of glad it has worked out this way.. all we have to come up with is a deposit, which isn't a ridiculous number. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • It's disgusting how much weddings cost.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • It is stressful.  My fiance freaks out about money ALL THE TIME.  We're planning a nice but small wedding - still costing us a decent used automobile (at least, there's so many things I never thought of!).  Then there's the honeymoon (but OHMIGODTHEHONEYMOON!) - 3 weeks in Europe including 2 weekends at F1 Grands Prix.  Talk about pricey. 
    I just keep telling myself that I'm only getting married once (serious, once!), and I'd rather spend it now that save it for a what if.  My what if is "what if we get married and want to have a nice party for our family and totally kick-ass dream honeymoon since we'll never have another reason to do either?" 
    I'll just drive my 5 year old car for another few years.  :)
  • I'm right there with the rest of you girls!! I also tried my best to DIY a lot and get things on sale....but it is so daunting! My fiance and I are paying for most of the wedding ourselves and it has been very stressful!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards