Rhode Island
Options

Unique photographer?

I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a photographer in the RI area who takes a journalistic approach to wedding photography, rather than portraiture? I had found a great photographer in MA but the price was out of control. I'm really looking for someone who takes fun photos and am open to any suggestions!

Re: Unique photographer?

• Options
    RoyalOrientRoyalOrient member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do you mean photo journalistic approach? As in a photographer who documents the day just as it unfolds? You don't want any formal/portrait photos or creative artys poses? Do you have a certain budget you want to stay in?

• Options
    maheardmaheard member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Look up Kim Praast. She is amazing. Not on the cheap end but I dont think she is on the expensive end either. She is located in E.Prov. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Not sure about your budget or what you consider "out of control," but I'll throw in a plug for our photographer, Melissa Robotti. She has a degree in journalism (which resonated with us because we both do, too, and met while working at a newspaper!) and worked at Boston.com, the Globe's Web site, before going out on her own. http://www.melissarobotti.com/blog/

I'd also recommend A Brilliant Photo out of Massachusetts. She had a package that was really the best of all things for the best price and is a sweetheart.

I have a spreadsheet of other photogs we liked with packages/prices ranging up to $4,500 (though our budget was smaller than that); I'm happy to send it to you if you leave your e-mail.
  • Options
    sarahbd1sarahbd1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We are using Anthony Decarlo. He is based in CT but will travel to RI at no extra charge.  They were the best price for the artistic and journalistic approach that I wanted with our photos. Def check him out.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We went with Portrait New England. They have both worked for newspapers and are true photojournalists. However, they are creative with the touching up and they definitely are not too expensive. They are very flexible with pricing- I got them for a lot less than the prices on their website so I'm sure if you talk to them they will work with you. They travel all over New England for free.
    Check them out: www.portraitnewengland.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    jennifer leatherwood...in fall river who is incredible..she will work with your budget sometimes
  • Options
    RoyalOrientRoyalOrient member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Love both Kristin Spencer and Jennifer Leatherwood but they are both 4 grand and up. I would suggest Kristin Korpos, Tyra Bleek, Blue Flash Photography and David Bibeault  to start.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow you guys are great with the suggestions! I haven't heard of any of those so I'm excited to start googling. Our photo budget is very small, so out of control for us may be very different than out of control for someone else. We definitely are looking for a package that's less than $4k.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Try caitlin maloney
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Try Coastal New England Event Photography

Mandy is brilliant and a sweetheart on top of it!  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Heather parker photography http://www.heatherparker.com there is a blog with a lot of newer pictures i follow on my facebook, not sure how you could maybe look her up on there

• Options
    naturallimenaturallime member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kevin Trimmer

Much less than some of the other leading photographers.  I'm so happy with how our pics came out :) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards