January 2013 Weddings
Options

Let's Get this Party Started!

I have 4 months to go!!!  With the holidays coming up I am sure that time will fly by!  I'm still trying to get in shape before I get fitted in November.  Are you sending your invites out in Oct or Nov?  What will you be working on this week?  I'm having engagement photos done on Oct. 6...I'm excited!  :-)
image 82 Invited
image 35 are ready to party! image 6 have better things to do image41 are lollygagging
RSVP Date: Dec 19
image Favorite Registry Item/South FL Board

Re: Let's Get this Party Started!

• Options
    I'll send invitations out by Nov 1 for our New Years Day wedding. This week I'm mostly just trying to protect my sanity! Work is CRAZY!!! I did look at invitations again but haven't seen anything I LOVE! And I don't buy anything I don't love. FI couldn't care less. Checking with pastor's wife to find out an appropriate donation they're good friends of ours. Still looking at dessert recipes for our dessert reception. That's about it for now.
  • Options
    I'm sending my invites out mid-November for our January 26th wedding.
    Working on nothing this week. Everything is done - except flowers and invites. My friend is designing the invites so once we get that then we'll get them printed. Flowers we'll do early October, I think.
  • Options

We're sending out invitations in late October/Early November for our Jan 5, wedding. But due to the fact that October is going to be insane as far as weekends go, my bridesmaids and I are assembling them next weekend! ahh! exciting.

We have to pick a rental vendor soon, but aside from that, almost everything else is just paying off balances until December. Then we get to finish the favors, programs, and a lot of day-of stuff. I just can't wait to start getting RSVPs back so we can get a better feel of how many people we're going to have. :)

We're actually closer to 3 months. ahh!!! mildly terrifying.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_january-2013-weddings_lets-get-this-party-started?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:808dddd9-a33d-4d5f-8a47-f091dcd1c99fDiscussion:574e2bd4-5b78-4a42-82da-831f009b7dd9Post:1b305e37-6a39-458b-9c1e-64ed424fc9ca">Re: Let's Get this Party Started!</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're sending out invitations in late October/Early November for our Jan 5, wedding. But due to the fact that October is going to be insane as far as weekends go, my bridesmaids and I are assembling them next weekend! ahh! exciting. We have to pick a rental vendor soon, but aside from that, almost everything else is just paying off balances until December. Then we get to finish the favors, programs, and a lot of day-of stuff. I just can't wait to start getting RSVPs back so we can get a better feel of how many people we're going to have. :) <strong>We're actually closer to 3 months. ahh!!! mildly terrifying.
    </strong>Posted by heroeswearbrown[/QUOTE]

I started giggling when I read this.  Reminded me of seeing someone do the
    Macaulay Culkin scream from that movie "Home Alone" -  ahh!
    image 82 Invited
    image 35 are ready to party! image 6 have better things to do image41 are lollygagging
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_january-2013-weddings_lets-get-this-party-started?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:808dddd9-a33d-4d5f-8a47-f091dcd1c99fDiscussion:574e2bd4-5b78-4a42-82da-831f009b7dd9Post:8a85f937-5c6e-46a2-bfff-7932c8debe9e">Re: Let's Get this Party Started!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's Get this Party Started! : I started giggling when I read this.  Reminded me of seeing someone do the Macaulay Culkin scream from that movie "Home Alone" -  ahh!
    Posted by missv19732000[/QUOTE]

Did I just "age" myself with that reference?  Lol!  I think that movie was done in 1990! 
    image 82 Invited
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_january-2013-weddings_lets-get-this-party-started?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:808dddd9-a33d-4d5f-8a47-f091dcd1c99fDiscussion:574e2bd4-5b78-4a42-82da-831f009b7dd9Post:82f30c87-09b7-469d-8750-a97b85a23211">Re: Let's Get this Party Started!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's Get this Party Started! : Did I just "age" myself with that reference?  Lol!  I think that movie was done in 1990! 
    Posted by missv19732000[/QUOTE]

haha, no. Although if you want to feel aged, I was only 1 when that movie came out. ;)
  • Options
    But, I watched that movie a lot as a kid. One of my holiday faves.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_january-2013-weddings_lets-get-this-party-started?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:808dddd9-a33d-4d5f-8a47-f091dcd1c99fDiscussion:574e2bd4-5b78-4a42-82da-831f009b7dd9Post:7db4d5ea-92f0-47c1-b6ed-57b01807f86f">Re: Let's Get this Party Started!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's Get this Party Started! : haha, no. Although if you want to feel aged, I was only 1 when that movie came out. ;)
    Posted by heroeswearbrown[/QUOTE]

Oh, Good Lord in Heaven...I was 17!!  Damn, I feel old, LOL!
    image 82 Invited
  • Options
    were sending out invites in early Nov they are all asembled just need addresses. We bought our rings this week!!
  • Options
    gabbagirl89gabbagirl89 member
    First Comment
    edited September 2012
    we're sending our invites out first week of nov for our Jan 11th wedding, and setting the rsvp dec. 10th ish so we dont have the hassle of calling nonresponders during christmas new years. its coming up so quickly!! also in reference to home alone, its my fiances favorite movie! for christmas i found him a tshirt that says "merry christmas, you filthy animal" :
  • Options
    The printer who did my invites recommended early to mid November to send out invites because of Thanksgiving and Christmas, so like gabbagirl89 that's what we're doing.  (Jan. 12 for the event.)  (Oh God, I just briefly convinced myself that I had accidently scheduled it for Jan 11 but I checked and it's on Saturday.)
  • Options
    I just passed the 4 month mark (1/25/13 wedding date).  Invitations aren't even chosen yet.  Need to make a decision SOON, just waiting on one more sample.  Not loving anything, but at some point have to just bite the bullet.  Plan is to send them out mid-November.  Just emailed my salon to schedule my hair and make-up trials, and I just ordered robes for my 'maids as part of their gifts.  Lots more to do! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards