California-Los Angeles

Plus-size dresses?

Hi all,

I'm in love with the Oleg Cassini CWG322 dress at David's bridal, but I definitely can't spend the $950 on it.

Does anyone know where I can find a similar (we're doing a 1950's theme) vintage-y feel dress in plus size, but for WAY cheaper? 

Or a cheap dress maker who can do the job for me?

Help!!

Re: Plus-size dresses?

• lala90lala90 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you looked into a white bridesmaids dress?  I bet you could get a really cute one (especially if it was a short 1950s poodle type) from Davids or Alfred Angelo for a lot less and it could be plus size at either store.  I tried on a bridesmaids dress that was floor length that I really liked and it was only like $180 or something....but I ended up buying a bridal gown at a trunk show for a lot more.
  • edited December 2011
    www.unique-vintage.com could be a starting point for ideas...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Forgot to mention, Camarillo Bridal has a good selection of plus sized dresses, but I don't know where you're traveling from.  They carry lots of Maggie Sottero dresses.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Mellie35Mellie35 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had my dress made by Dolly Couture who specializes in vintage-style short dresses. She can make them long as well. She does most of her business online but she just opened a shop in Tarzana.

• moomers44moomers44 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    check    www.houseofbrides.com

you can practically get any designer dress there for cheap
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards