New York-Western
Options

photographer review and sneak peek

Hi, I posted on my August 2012 board about our engagement shoot, but then i figured it might be good to hit up the local board too, seeing as this is pretty much a rave of how much i love our photographer!

we chose Neal Urban (out of Buffalo, NY), and while his stuff is expensive (3-4k), it is clearly a step above most of the other photographers. DEFINITELY worth the extra money.  The only tough part is that he books about 2 years in advance... though he's a little more flexible if you just want an engagement or portrait session.  He's very laid back and gave us easy direction "stand here and pretend you like each other" and basically let us be ourselves. Not pushy in any way, but definitely knows how to communicate what he wants/needs to get a good shot.

our package includes an engagement session, entire wedding day no matter how long (2 shooters), rights to all the photos, and about 100 that we can choose to have him specially edit. he also offers albums if you want that.

he did a sneak peek blog of our engagement session in case you'd like to view his work.  seeing these makes me SO excited for next year's wedding =)

enjoy:
http://www.nealurbanblog.com/journal/2011/6/22/im-only-as-good-as-my-clients.html

Re: photographer review and sneak peek

• Options
    StephyD216StephyD216 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    great pics! was this Akron Falls Park? that's exactly where we plan on getting ours done too!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest

image140 Invited
    image107 Ready to Party
    image33 Missing Out
  • Options
    AeroStyleAeroStyle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Beautiful!!! He was my first choice but a little too much for me :(
  • Options
    gymbugmj2kgymbugmj2k member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yes, Akron falls...we went back to our proposal spot =)

and Aero- we snagged him right before he raised his prices. but i hear you. he's an investment, but as soon as i saw these, it was SO WORTH IT. haha
  • Options
    AeroStyleAeroStyle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ooh, you got lucky!!! Definetly worth the money. His work is stunning!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Those are amazing pictures!
    October 2010 September SC - 1st Anniversary Plans:
    Trip to Prague & bring home furbaby when we get back
    imageimage
    ~ Karen ~
    **Wedding/House/Travel Bio **
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    the pictures are great!  he is a great photographer :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The pictures are beautiful! My best friend got married May 14th and he was her photographer and he did an amazing job he had all of us in the bridal party having fun and taking so many non traditional modern photos.  He was definitely a great choice and would be my number one choice for my wedding, but unfortunately is a little too much for me. =(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards