Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

F.R.I.E.N.D.S. theme song in my wedding... advice please

Hello!

I am a FRIENDS fanatic and am really looking forward to including the FRIENDS theme song, "I'll be there for you", in my wedding but I just don't know where... I thought it would be a great brother sister song but it's too fast and since I am dancing with my dad I don't think a brother sister song can be added... so i'm thinking of using it for the bridal party entrance... what do you think? Is this tacky? All of my friends know that I am IN LOVE with the show and think it's odd to include it in my wedding but I think it would really be fun because it's part of my personality.

How do I do this while maintaining the classiness of the wedding?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: F.R.I.E.N.D.S. theme song in my wedding... advice please

• Robyn5298Robyn5298 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Name Dropper 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    I think the WP entrance would be the perfect place to use that song!
  • jc04100657jc04100657 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with PP, WP entrance would be cute!
    Anniversary

September 2011 Siggy Challenge- Favorite Ceremony Photo
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Agreed ~ BP Enterance sounds perfect! Great song choice!
    BabyFetus Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Being married is a real thriller! =)

• edited December 2011
    I also love the idea of the WP entrance.  Or, if you're allowed to use modern secular music in your ceremony, it might make a cute recessional song.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • tpender13tpender13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would use it for a WP entrance. Or if you're having a WP dance, you could use it then. It would be a fun way to start the party.
  • edited December 2011
    I too like the BP idea. I also like the idea of ending the night with this song. I've been to a wedding where the DJ got everyone together in a circle on the dance floor for the last song. We all kinda put our arms around each other and celebrated. Seems like it could be a fitting song for something like this, and a positive message and memory for guest to leave with. Hope that helps! Best wishes!
  • lopezalonsolopezalonso member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for all the advice ladies!

I'm still a little torn on whether it's cute or too out there. I can't use it as a recessional song because we are getting married at a cathedral. I would love to include it and am now wondering between WP entrance or last song but not sure... I've got over a year to decide.. 

Still have NO IDEA what my other songs are. By the way what songs do you need to pick for your wedding??

wedding party entrance
    First dance
    daughter-father
    son-mother
    last song

what am i missing??? and do you guys have suggestions?? THANKS!!!! :-D

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • stahrdust3stahrdust3 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love it!!! Totally do WP entrance... that's our song too!! We even considered doing "The Routine" during our reception but we didn't think anyone would get it but us. LOL!
  • stahrdust3stahrdust3 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, and when you're afraid something's tacky, read this:

http://offbeatbride.com/2008/07/tacky
  • edited December 2011
    Again.. BP entrance song! It would be fun if people came out doing fun things like dancing, piggy back rides, wheel barrow style, etc... since it's a fun song.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards