Ohio-Cincinnati

Vendor Reviews 4-28-12

Church - St. Xavier Church A+

The church was beautiful and everything ran smoothly including ensuring we were on time.   The sacristan ensured we had everything that we needed.  The organist/music director met with me to plan our music selections.  He was very knowledgeable about typical wedding music and also allowed me to incorporate some selections that I personally preferred.  The organist with the addition of the vocalist and violinist made the music spectacular. 

Ceremony Vocalist - Nancy James A+

We were very happy with her.  She sang all the songs I requested beautifully. 

Ceremony Violinist - Stacey Woolley  A+

I love the violin and his addition to the organist and vocalist put our ceremony music over the top for me.  

Photographer – Daniel Michael – A

I had Daniel Michael as the main photographer and he brought a second photo journalist photographer and there also was a third photographer.  He also brought an assistant who worked beautifully with my wedding coordinator.  I didn’t have to think about a thing that day.  Everything was covered from ensuring my dress didn’t get dirty during photographs to carrying my dress to having a breath mint handy when I needed one.  We also were very pleased with the pictures we received back.  Dan listened to me as to the style of photographer that I liked and carried that theme throughout the day. 

Wedding Coordinator – Julie Schmidt , Cincy Event Planning A++

Julie and her team were by far the best money we spent on the wedding.  My dad insisted that I hire a coordinator for the day and I initially thought he was crazy and I didin’t need one.  He insisted I hire someone so that I could enjoy my day and not worry about all the details from my months of planning.  She knows how weddings should run and kept us on schedule and met our every need that day.       She prepared a detailed timeline for us which went out to all vendors to ensure everyone was on the same page.  She also coordinated linens and candles for us as well at a reasonable price.  I kept telling her “I think I should pay you more for all that you have done for us.”

Venue- Ivy Hills Country Club –B

The Director of Sales and Catering was out the weekend and week leading up to our event because of a death in the family.  The general manager and executive chef were in contact with us almost immediately to ensure we were still on track.  At our final meeting with the Director of Sales and Catering we informed them we wanted to upgrade to the Ultra Premium Bar which was noted on our Banquet Order Form, but when we got to the venue, they were only serving beer and wine.  Our coordinator dealt with the issue, but we noticed at the end of the event we received the only the Premium Bar.  We were charged for the highest level of bar (Ultra Premium).  I asked for an itemized bill but never received one.  They did refund some of the overcharge.  With the exception of the bar mix up, we were pleased with the venue overall and quality of food and service. 

DJ - Steve Bender – A+

Steve kept the dance floor full all night long.  We loved his planning form which allowed us to input our first dance song and all the other formal occasions which required music.  We met with him via phone a week before the wedding and he double checked that he had received the timeline and our event song choices.  We left the other choices up to him and he did a great job selecting the right music for the crowd at the right time. 

My Dress – Wendy’s A

I worked with Ann and she was very patient with me and inability to decide on a dress.  In the end I was very happy with my final choice.  My dress came in earlier than they said it would. 

Alterations – Sew Much – A+

When I first met with Mary, I knew she was going to be a great choice.  My dress did not need many alterations (just a bustle and sash sewn in).  She was reasonable in her prices and I was very pleased with her work, which was completed timely. 

Bridesmaid dresses -  Carrie Karibo –A+

I searched and searched for bridesmaid dresses and when I walked into Carrie Karibo I knew I had found the place for my bridesmaid dresses.  I love the clean and classic styles of the vendors she sells.  Every one of the sales people was generous with their time and suggestions.  They were also very patient with my inability to make a decision on a designer/dress and color.  Carrie personally worked with me and my bridesmaids on more than one occasion to get the look I was envisioning.  I wish I had stopped here when I was looking for my own dress. 

Tuxes – Men’s Warehouse – B

I chose Men’s Warehouse because we had geographically dispersed groomsmen and ushers.  As I have read previously there always is something wrong when you pick up the tux so be sure to try it on.  My husband’s shirt and tie were the wrong color.  While they fixed everything prior to the wedding, ensure you pick up everything in enough time to have alterations and swaps made. 

Cake – Spoon Fulla Sugar – A

They were patient with my multiple design meetings and I loved that we could have different flavors.  The cake tasted and looked great.  I just wish would have gotten to have a whole slice instead of one bite. 

Limo – Jimmy’s Limousine – A+

The chauffer was early and knew where he was going at all times.  He was very well prepared.  I called the day before to schedule a town car pick up from the venue to our wedding night hotel and they were able to accommodate us. 

Florist – Courtenay Lambert Floral – A

I was very pleased with my bridesmaids and my bouquets.  She executed my vision perfectly.  The centerpieces also looked great.  I initially though she was going to be way out of my budget, but she was very conscious about staying within my budget, which I really appreciated. 

Stationary – Paper Place – A

Ann had great suggestions and was patient with me when I tried to reduce the cost of my invitations.  This is the one area where I wish I had not spent as much money.  I wish I hadn’t purchased the personalized napkins and paper towels.  Her suggestion of the menu cards and their design made the reception dinner tables though.   

Makeup – Rachel from Brideface – A +

Rachel Lisa did my engagement pictures, trial, wedding day look and my three bridesmaids.  I was thrilled with the results on everything.  She made everyone looked outstanding while still looking like themselves.  I did touchups after the wedding and the makeup lasted all day.  This was definitely a treat but well worth it. 

Hair – Aimee from Trendz Salon – A+

Aimee has been my stylist for 10 years.  She came to the house the morning of the wedding and styled my hair in addition to my three bridesmaids.  She was timely and I was pleased with how everyone’s hair turned out. 

Hotel for Guests – Holiday Inn Eastgate – C

I went into a panic the three weeks before the wedding because one of my guests called me to tell me that my block was booked up and the hotel was booked up even though our deadline had not approached yet.   I couldn’t get a hold of my contact that day because it was a late Friday afternoon.   I frantically made reservations at another hotel.   It was eventually worked out and everyone got the rooms they need, but I would recommend blocking way more rooms that you think you will need in case this happens to you.  Don’t rely on the hotel to contact you to tell you your block has been filled and you need to block more rooms. 

Re: Vendor Reviews 4-28-12

• Thanks for posting! Love seeing what vendors everyone is using! Congrats!
  • Do you have a contact for Julie (Cindy Event Planning)?  Or do they have a website?
  • You can find them here - http://www.cincyeventplanning.com/

Cin(d)y I think was a typo - I've worked with Julie Schmidt with Cincy Event Planning and she is amazing and a lot of fun!
  • Do you have contact info for your DJ? I'm still trying to find a good, reasonable one for our May '13 wedding. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cincinnati_vendor-reviews-4-28-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:108Discussion:9c5e6476-f34c-4b4f-be5e-25e63c4a531cPost:3790d059-f0c6-4a0e-944d-17138fe517df">Re: Vendor Reviews 4-28-12</a>:
    [QUOTE]Do you have contact info for your DJ? I'm still trying to find a good, reasonable one for our May '13 wedding. :)
    Posted by whatserendipity[/QUOTE]

His contact info is:
    <a href="http://www.stevebender.com" rel="nofollow">www.stevebender.com</a>  513-732-1963. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards