Georgia-Atlanta
Options

Cake Question

So I am still looking for someone to make my cake, really thinking about Publix does anyone know how much they charge?

Also I was referred to a cousin of a friend and they said that they would let me know if they could make it, well that was a month ago now and I haven't heard anything. Should I contact them or just assume they aren't able to make it and move on?

Re: Cake Question

• Options
    chrissyinatlchrissyinatl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think Publix lists their pricing on their website, they have a whole section for cakes...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta_cake-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:58Discussion:ecb82b4f-5709-4dbb-b629-4fce9a7c307fPost:acd56e2a-0523-4d8e-9260-7850cd55c673">Re: Cake Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think Publix lists their pricing on their website, they have a whole section for cakes...
    Posted by chrissyinatl[/QUOTE]

I looked on the site, but didn't pricing information, I will look again.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i'm sure you could talk to someone in the bakery at your local publix.
    i love publix cake. it's my favorite.
    imageimage
    PS Sig Challenge: Rings
    Sept 2011 Sig Challenge: First Kiss
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You would have to go to the bakery and ask them.  They can make cakes based off their standard cakes as well as create one for you.

I think my brother and SIL paid $80 for their seashell cake (maybe it was $120 - one of those - lol.)  It was three tiers.

And who doesn't love Publix cake?! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta_cake-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:58Discussion:ecb82b4f-5709-4dbb-b629-4fce9a7c307fPost:65c47cb9-e45d-4a6c-80d3-76f3fcebb102">Re: Cake Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]You would have to go to the bakery and ask them.  They can make cakes based off their standard cakes as well as create one for you. I think my brother and SIL paid $80 for their seashell cake (maybe it was $120 - one of those - lol.)  It was three tiers. And who doesn't love Publix cake?! :)
    Posted by HYDROPHILE[/QUOTE]

Okay thanks! Also where is the Bumble Bee bakery located? Are they in Douglasville? If so I will give them a call, I called and then my grandmother said no cause we didn't know if they were in Douglasville or not.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're using Celso's :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm using a place called Sweet Stuff Cakes.  The prices were even better than Publix!   Elaine the owner has a ton of flavors and fillings to choose from.  She's also super nice.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta_cake-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:58Discussion:ecb82b4f-5709-4dbb-b629-4fce9a7c307fPost:4fba9b37-c5ef-49c9-a950-b44e2901cd4c">Re: Cake Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm using a place called Sweet Stuff Cakes.  The prices were even better than Publix!   Elaine the owner has a ton of flavors and fillings to choose from.  She's also super nice.
    Posted by kenishias[/QUOTE]

Where are they located?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta_cake-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:58Discussion:ecb82b4f-5709-4dbb-b629-4fce9a7c307fPost:3c072c60-ec5a-43e8-a552-ea99deaa1c2c">Re: Cake Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cake Question : Okay thanks! Also where is the Bumble Bee bakery located? Are they in Douglasville? If so I will give them a call, I called and then my grandmother said no cause we didn't know if they were in Douglasville or not.
    Posted by mari0225[/QUOTE]

Bumble Bee was on the Hiram/Douglasville line, but they are in Hiram now at the corner of 92 and Nebo (new location.)
  • Options
    CelticTCelticT member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For their smallest 3 tier wedding cake (which they said feeds 50-75 people) Publix told me they would charge $255. Their prices escalate from there.
  • Options
    lvaynerlvayner member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta_cake-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:58Discussion:ecb82b4f-5709-4dbb-b629-4fce9a7c307fPost:4fba9b37-c5ef-49c9-a950-b44e2901cd4c">Re: Cake Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm using a place called Sweet Stuff Cakes.  The prices were even better than Publix!   Elaine the owner has a ton of flavors and fillings to choose from.  She's also super nice.
    Posted by kenishias[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div><div style="font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:10px;background-color:initial;background-image:none;background-attachment:initial;background-origin:initial;background-clip:initial;font:normal normal normal 11px/14px Arial, sans-serif;">We're thinking of using Sweet Stuff Cakes as well! Let me know how it goes!!</div></div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards