Georgia-Atlanta

Cake Question

So I am still looking for someone to make my cake, really thinking about Publix does anyone know how much they charge?

Also I was referred to a cousin of a friend and they said that they would let me know if they could make it, well that was a month ago now and I haven't heard anything. Should I contact them or just assume they aren't able to make it and move on?

Re: Cake Question

• chrissyinatlchrissyinatl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think Publix lists their pricing on their website, they have a whole section for cakes...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta_cake-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:58Discussion:ecb82b4f-5709-4dbb-b629-4fce9a7c307fPost:acd56e2a-0523-4d8e-9260-7850cd55c673">Re: Cake Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think Publix lists their pricing on their website, they have a whole section for cakes...
    Posted by chrissyinatl[/QUOTE]

I looked on the site, but didn't pricing information, I will look again.
  • edited December 2011
    i'm sure you could talk to someone in the bakery at your local publix.
    i love publix cake. it's my favorite.
    imageimage
    PS Sig Challenge: Rings
    Sept 2011 Sig Challenge: First Kiss
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    You would have to go to the bakery and ask them.  They can make cakes based off their standard cakes as well as create one for you.

I think my brother and SIL paid $80 for their seashell cake (maybe it was $120 - one of those - lol.)  It was three tiers.

And who doesn't love Publix cake?! :)
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta_cake-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:58Discussion:ecb82b4f-5709-4dbb-b629-4fce9a7c307fPost:65c47cb9-e45d-4a6c-80d3-76f3fcebb102">Re: Cake Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]You would have to go to the bakery and ask them.  They can make cakes based off their standard cakes as well as create one for you. I think my brother and SIL paid $80 for their seashell cake (maybe it was $120 - one of those - lol.)  It was three tiers. And who doesn't love Publix cake?! :)
    Posted by HYDROPHILE[/QUOTE]

Okay thanks! Also where is the Bumble Bee bakery located? Are they in Douglasville? If so I will give them a call, I called and then my grandmother said no cause we didn't know if they were in Douglasville or not.
  • edited December 2011
    We're using Celso's :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using a place called Sweet Stuff Cakes.  The prices were even better than Publix!   Elaine the owner has a ton of flavors and fillings to choose from.  She's also super nice.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta_cake-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:58Discussion:ecb82b4f-5709-4dbb-b629-4fce9a7c307fPost:4fba9b37-c5ef-49c9-a950-b44e2901cd4c">Re: Cake Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm using a place called Sweet Stuff Cakes.  The prices were even better than Publix!   Elaine the owner has a ton of flavors and fillings to choose from.  She's also super nice.
    Posted by kenishias[/QUOTE]

Where are they located?
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta_cake-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:58Discussion:ecb82b4f-5709-4dbb-b629-4fce9a7c307fPost:3c072c60-ec5a-43e8-a552-ea99deaa1c2c">Re: Cake Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cake Question : Okay thanks! Also where is the Bumble Bee bakery located? Are they in Douglasville? If so I will give them a call, I called and then my grandmother said no cause we didn't know if they were in Douglasville or not.
    Posted by mari0225[/QUOTE]

Bumble Bee was on the Hiram/Douglasville line, but they are in Hiram now at the corner of 92 and Nebo (new location.)
  • CelticTCelticT member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For their smallest 3 tier wedding cake (which they said feeds 50-75 people) Publix told me they would charge $255. Their prices escalate from there.
  • lvaynerlvayner member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta_cake-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:58Discussion:ecb82b4f-5709-4dbb-b629-4fce9a7c307fPost:4fba9b37-c5ef-49c9-a950-b44e2901cd4c">Re: Cake Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm using a place called Sweet Stuff Cakes.  The prices were even better than Publix!   Elaine the owner has a ton of flavors and fillings to choose from.  She's also super nice.
    Posted by kenishias[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div><div style="font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:10px;background-color:initial;background-image:none;background-attachment:initial;background-origin:initial;background-clip:initial;font:normal normal normal 11px/14px Arial, sans-serif;">We're thinking of using Sweet Stuff Cakes as well! Let me know how it goes!!</div></div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards