Hawaii
Options

Excited

I just got engaged about 3 weeks ago and after some initial stress over looking at what our parents wanted (175 potential guests) verses what we wanted (30 guests) we decided on a destination wedding to Maui next August. We found our church on Kapalua (Sacred Heart Mission Church) and have secured a date for August 2nd, 2013! I am so excited!

Anyways, if anybody has any vendor suggestions for West Maui, please let me know. We have been looking at the Plantation House Restaurant, the Pineapple Grill and Merriman's because they are pretty close to the church and most of our family will likely stay in the Kaanapali area. We are open to venues in Kaanapali or Lahaina but don't want to go all the way to Waiela even though it is beautiful over there.

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated on where to stay, any vendors, or any general stuff about destination weddings.

Re: Excited

• Options
    I LOVE Merriman's!  I've only eaten dinner there, but the food is wonderful and the location is beautiful.  I think it depends on what your budget is, because there are minimum buyouts.  I've eaten appetizers at Pineapple Grill and it's also nice, but nowhere near as special as Merriman's.  We looked into having our rehearsal dinner there.
    We are staying in Kahana the days before the wedding and at the Kapalua Villas for our honeymoon.  I love West Maui.
    Will you be having a wedding coordinator?
  • Options
    Congratulations and Welcome! Can't really help you with venues as we are marrying in Wailea but we are planning on dinner at Merriman's during our HM just because it has gotten such good reviews on this board. 
  • Options
    Well I am on the fence about a coordinator. I know I want a day of type of coordinator but I love planning and I am obsessive about details so I am thinking I may go without one.

We are hoping for the reception portion (food and alcohol) to be under $5,000 if possible for our group of 25-30. We are not looking for like a dance party or anything but a nice dinner where we can all celebrate and enjoy! Food quaility is definately the top priority, so I may reconsider Pineapple Grill based on your comments.

Is anybody hosting a post-wedding brunch? My sister suggested doing that so that adds another venue to find!

Thanks for the welcome...reading over the posts in the Hawaii board have been super supportive and I am happy to join you ladies!
  • Options
    I looked at Merriman's online and have emailed Danielle. It sounds wonderful! I will see if she has the date available and go from there!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_excited-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:73Discussion:bbf4a084-7b92-402e-bca6-3d0043bb0b9fPost:6e3a825b-5a81-499f-9085-a7f14d44f548">Re: Excited</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well I am on the fence about a coordinator. I know I want a day of type of coordinator but I love planning and I am obsessive about details so I am thinking I may go without one. We are hoping for the reception portion (food and alcohol) to be under $5,000 if possible for our group of 25-30. We are not looking for like a dance party or anything but a nice dinner where we can all celebrate and enjoy! Food quaility is definately the top priority, so I may reconsider Pineapple Grill based on your comments. Is anybody hosting a post-wedding brunch? My sister suggested doing that so that adds another venue to find! Thanks for the welcome...reading over the posts in the Hawaii board have been super supportive and I am happy to join you ladies!
    Posted by mrspizanotobe[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards