Canada

Make-up Counter at The Bay?

Has anyone here had experience with the make-up counter at the Bay?

My friend is looking into it for bridal/BM make-up and is asking for our opinions on it.

Re: Make-up Counter at The Bay?

• ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There are many makeup counters at The Bay... I've always been happy with the artists from MAC.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto to MAC!  There are tons of freelance MAC artists who will come to you as well - PM me if you want some names and numbers!
  • heyimbrenheyimbren member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do you know how much it costs? That would depend on the brand, right?

The Bay store here doesn't actually have a MAC counter. Disappointing! I've only heard good things about the MUA at MAC.
  • ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think MAC requires $40 of product purchases. Other brands are probably similar but I don't know for sure.

Maybe you guys can go peruse the counters, find someone whose makeup you like (very important - some of those makeup ladies are not very qualified!), and inquire.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Clinique and MAC are all owned by the same people - I think it is the same $40 cost worth of makeup, and it's excellent makeup for anyone with sensitive skin!
  • heyimbrenheyimbren member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies.

Ring pop, my friend is going down there on Wednesday to see. Apparently if you register with the Bay you can get a free makeup consultation, trial and application for your wedding. So she'd like her 7 BMs to come with her. We actually had already found a salon (where we'll most likely get our hair done) for $38 pp and were happy with it.

I was curious about the counter though, I've never been.

Also, ring pop, thank you for reminding me that it all depends on the consultant as well!
  • apaadzzzzapaadzzzz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I know I am a little late to this thread, but I just had my makeup done at MAC for my E-pics, and it was awesome.  It was $55 and included a mascara of my chioce.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards