Texas-Austin

Austin Brides... DJ Suggestions!

Looking for a great DJ to emcee our reception.  I'm wanting to book someone for under a $1000 and need them for 4 hours.  What are your suggestions?  Who is the best in the Austin area for this price range? 

Re: Austin Brides... DJ Suggestions!

• edited December 2011
    We are using greenbelt DJ- Joel is amazing such a nice guy!
    Are we there yet?? Wedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Ditto Greenbelt DJ.  Sean did my reception - he was great.  And they were super-affordable and really easy to work with (I booked them 4 weeks out!!!).
    BabyFruit Ticker
    "There is a fine line between a princess and a witch...thinking you're one does NOT give you the right to act like the other." my grandmother
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Altared Weddings, Ryan. He is about 800 for Austin Area, (I think)
    www.altaredweddings.com
  • ctkairosctkairos member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Greenbelt is great, but you pay for it; their bid came in at least $150 higher than any others (and I asked many for quotes).  If you can fit it in the budget, great!  If not, check out Tim at Austin Party Machine.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We're using Byrne Rock http://www.byrnerock.com/. He came highly recommended from this board and was great when we met him.
  • edited December 2011
    I am using IronRod Productions. They seem to be great. I met them at the bridal extravaganza and I have them for 5 hours for only $300. Not sure if that is their going rate now, because I booked them almost a year ago, but it's worth a try.
  • edited December 2011
    Also using Ryan at Altared Weddings. I think he is $795 or $895 for our six hours (can't recall exactly.)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We're using Airwave Dave. If you need someone who has a big personality, he's perfect. We don't have a big party crowd coming to the wedding, so I wanted to find someone who I felt would be able to read the crowd as well as get them up and dancing. Dave is great plus he's providing the PA & mic for the Chaplain and he's playing piano for our cocktail hour too!
  • edited December 2011
    I second Bryne Rock!
  • erolliserollis member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using David from Hollywood Sound. The web site is not that great but we met him in person and he was just fantastic! We clicked with him much better then the other DJs we met.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards