Florida-North Florida

Catholic Brides in Jacksonville/ St. Augustine

My fiance and I are going on the "Engaged Encounter" marriage preparation this weekend through the Catholic Diocese of St. Augustine at Marywood and I'm wondering if anyone else who has been before can give me a perspective about what it's like.  Thanks :)
Pregnancy Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Catholic Brides in Jacksonville/ St. Augustine

• ddeleoddeleo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have not attended the Engaged Encounter retreat yet.. but we do go to mass regularly at San Juan Del Rio along with our kids are enrolled in the SJDR School. 

I can tell you that Marywood retreat is very "rustic", lots to do outside, and it is right on the river, so you may need a coat or layered clothing if you are outside this weekend.

Let me know how it goes! 
  • LouWho19LouWho19 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the tips, ddeleo! I'll keep you posted once we get back! We go to St. Paul's in Jax Beach but are getting married at the Cathedral Basilica in St. Augustine.
    Pregnancy Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • ejoyce8ejoyce8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    late nights, early mornings...i hope you get hot water as we did not :-)
    Anniversary bethandanthony.weebly.com
  • Kris092988Kris092988 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Okay I'm not catholic but my finace is, will we have to go through this to get married at his families church? What exactly should I be looking forward to? And do I need to become Catholic to marry him?
  • ejoyce8ejoyce8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You don't have to become catholic to marry him, we have friends and only the bride was catholic and they got married in a catholic church.
    Are you getting married in the church? If so, then you will need the class, and it gets you $30 bucks off of your marriage license.
    The class talked about your future, problem solving, family, money etc.
    Anniversary bethandanthony.weebly.com
  • edited December 2011
    LouWho19:  You're getting married in the basilica??  That is my dream location.  Can you give me any inside info on price/how long prior you reserved your date/priest you are using?  Thanks!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards