Oregon

Pizza for reception?

I'm having an outdoor ceremony/reception and while I want to maintain classy touches here and there, I also wanted to think of my all-time favorite restaurant in the area and try to use them for catering. Problem is, its Pizzicato!

Thoughts? Have you girls been to weddings with pizza? Thanks!
Natalya Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Pizza for reception?

• DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it can be done in a classy way, but I also think you have to maintain the same level of formality through the wedding.  If you have a $10,000 wedding dress, it might look funny to serve pizza.  If you're wearing a less formal dress with a small or no train, it would probably work better.  Does this make sense?
  • edited December 2011
    I saw a wedding where they brought in a brick oven and cooked pizzas on the spot. They did more fancy, gourmet type pizzas and I thought it was cute. It was also an outdoor, more casual wedding. I think the company that rents out the ovens is out of Seattle. I think if you do it the right way it can be cute, as long as it fits :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I would love to eat pizza at a wedding, its my favorite food. Pizzacato is assume. Sides dishes could make it feel more formal just pizza.

I would just make sure they bring those things that keeps food warm. Cold pizza just isn't the same.
  • edited December 2011
    I would pair it with some nice caesar salad and you could probably pull it off...just make sure it's piping hot like the PPs said!
  • DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Pizzicato has some delicious salads that would go great with the pizza.  Mmmm.  How do I get an invite to this shindig?!  ;-)
  • edited December 2011
    We served pizza at our wedding.  We also had a taco bar :)
  • edited December 2011
    We're serving hotlips pizza and every single person I've talked to has LOVED the idea. Plus it's saving a ton of money. Ours is casual/retro--but I'm so excited for the pizza, it's one of my favorite parts! Plus I love that it's non-traditional. None of my friends/family have done anything like it.
  • talya926talya926 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks all! Haha DramaGeek maybe we'll become great Knot friends, wedding's not till July 2012 ;)

The fiance doesn't like the idea! I'll just have his mom talk him into it. It's weird because this is the only thing he's had an opinion on...
    Natalya Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • southofnormalsouthofnormal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We'll be having pizza at our outdoor wedding 9/24. It's your day; don't worry about what others think. :-)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Proposal Site: 12/29/10 United States Capitol Building Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • monica93555monica93555 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

My best friend had pizza at their reception! They ordered delivery from an award winning pizza place in Vegas. The wedding was very classy yet it also had a party feel to it so it was appropriate in that case. They saved a lot of money though!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards