Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

DJ Recommendations

Does anyone have any DJ recommendations?

I had requested a quote from a local DJ who had done a few of my friends weddings. He quoted me $2500, two to three times what he charged my friends. I was ready to make room in the budget for him but he has continuously made me feel like doing my event is insignificant to him. We had a two o'clock web meeting this afternoon and he completely blew me off. He had amazing reviews on wedding wire but after a closer look everyone does. So I guess it's not a really trust worth site for vendor reviews.

Re: DJ Recommendations

• Normally I feel pretty good about Wedding Wire, but I guess there are always exceptions.

Melodies and Memories
    LeForce Entertainment
    Figment Productions
    Glenn Roush
    Jabel Productions

All come highly recommended here.

• We used Melody with Melodies and Memories and loved our experience with her, and she's significantly less that above mentioned price. She'll make you feel like you're the only wedding that matters!
  • My live band is costing me just over 2500, so if you wanted to spend that much you might as well spring for the band!
  • I'm thinking of using The Violin Guys....for $1500 they do ceremony, reception, dj services, and a bit of videography. I've heard them live and they came recommended by my vendor. I see your from Houston though, is the wedding in Dallas?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_dj-recommendations-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:462ac287-4bbb-4bd2-b000-d1380cfecaf2Post:babd9f25-fa12-481e-b881-2de07365aa5b">Re: DJ Recommendations</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm thinking of using The Violin Guys....for $1500 they do ceremony, reception, dj services, and a bit of videography. I've heard them live and they came recommended by my vendor. I see your from Houston though, is the wedding in Dallas?
    Posted by roseofdeborah[/QUOTE]
    Our old mod used them I think--she was really happy with them.
  • Good! I think that was her that had so many posts about him on the boards here when I searched. It's perfect for my budget and my family is thrilled to have live music for the ceremony. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • i'm using  http://www.thedallasweddingdj.com/ for around $800 for ceremony and reception.  (my friend paid less) obviously i haven't used him yet so i don't have a lot of feedback but he came recommended by a friend that *loved* him.  and if worse comes to worse he always meets at starbucks, so you'll at least get a free coffee out of it!  :P
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We used LeForce, and I think they can range from $900 to $2000 depending on which DJ you have an what extras you need.  We went with Cratin (amazing!) and got uplights for a total of $1750.
    Anniversary

• How long ago were your friends weddings? That's something to consider as prices do rise. I think the reviews are WW are good references. You may not have gotten a warm vibe from him but that doesn't mean they are good at what they do. Now I'm not sure who you talked to but some good ones are Astounding Sounds, Randal Stout Entertainment, It's Your Night, I-Entertainment, Andy Austin, Glenn Roush, Jamie Chavez.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards