Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Who Decorates?

So this may be a silly question, but who puts out things like place cards, linens rented separately from the caterer to save costs, and non-floral centerpieces? 
Married since May 12, 2012

Re: Who Decorates?

• Options
    pantherRNpantherRN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It depends on your venue and if you have a day of coordinator or planner. Sometimes the venue will do it or you can hire a DOC or a planner and they'll do it.

For me, I have neither so we (me, my mom, FMIL, BMs, etc) will be decorating the Friday before as long as there is not a wedding that day.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    shortyhartzshortyhartz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Fortunately, most of the decorations I will have will be put in place by the reception hall, florist, and linen rental company.  However, there are 2 tables in the entry way that we have to set up ourselves.  Unfortunately I actually work with the girl having her wedding there the night before me so setting up on Friday for my Saturday wedding is no longer an option.  BM's and I have hair appointments starting at 9:30am so we are out, I'm going to be asking my aunts and fiance's aunts to help.  I hate having to do it, but it's got to get done! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies. Sounds like our caterer will take care of this stuff. So many things to figure out! Hats off to you guys who have already done so! ;)
    Married since May 12, 2012
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards