Massachusetts-Cape Cod

Need Some Recomendations!

So we are almost entirely done with our wedding vendors and planning. We are in a huge search for a D.J., a Florist, and a Rehearsal Dinner venue in or around Sandwich for an intimate 40 people.

As for the DJ we've contacted a few and many are unavailable already for our wedding! (We hoped for Cape Tunes, Scott Rosanthal but he was booked, as was Steve Binder).

We're also looking for a florist with a shop not one who does it out of their home!

I'd love ALL recommendations!! Thanks in advance.
Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio/Blog 151 Invitedimage 108 Yes!image 22 No :-(image 21 Are turning me into a bridezilla!image RSVP Date Sept. 16

Re: Need Some Recomendations!

• clage22clage22 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know you said you didn't really want someone out of their house, but we are using Sue Hobart who owns Hobart's Fine Florals. Not sure if you checked her out, but she has been great with us!
  • amylee545amylee545 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    For our florist, we are using Just For You Florist in Pocasset, who is SO much cheaper in price than every one else I looked into on the cape. She's been great so far! Easy to get in contact with and very pleasant, and her work looks amazing!

As for DJ's, we are using Scott Rosenthal (i'm sorry he's booked! He's been one of our favorite vendors so far! ), but we almost used Chris Baker, who gets pretty good reviews on here. We were able to negotiate him down to the same price as Scott Rosenthal, but when it came down to it, Scott won us over with his charm and customer service :) But I barely hear a negative review on Chris Baker. He's worth looking into! Also, Danny Walsh and Steve McVie also get great reviews on here as well. 

Goodluck!:)
  • edited December 2011
    We used Danny Walsh for our DJ and he was amazing!  Highly recommend him.
  • edited December 2011

Thanks ladies. I contacted all of the above. So far everyone is booked for our day with the exception of Just for you florist who hasn't responded. Any more suggestions???

Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio/Blog 151 Invitedimage 108 Yes!image 22 No :-(image 21 Are turning me into a bridezilla!image RSVP Date Sept. 16
  • edited December 2011
    Have you tried the Charles Bernard for a DJ from the DJ experience? He was actually in the movie Bride Wars.  I saw him at my best friend's wedding, and was so impressed with his mixing and mash ups that we just booked him for our wedding too.
  • amylee545amylee545 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    You could look into Joe Dupois with Intune Productions... he's wicked cheap (only $150 per hour for cape cod weddings). He's wicked nice and we almost went with him... but I couldn't find any reviews on him other than the ones on his website and it made me nervous going with someone who no one had heard of. But he's worth looking into if everyone else is booked!
  • edited December 2011
    For florists: 
    Meredith Fancy of Fancy Flowers is wonderful. she works out of her house, but she worked within our budget. She was fair . . . meaning when we argued things that we shouldn't have been charged for, she refunded the money.  I would definitely recommend her because her work is just gorgeous, just make sure you check your bill.

People also like Karen Bryden of Petals by the Sea. I have no idea if she works from home or not, but she is highly regarded on this board. 

Some of my flowers came from Trader Joe's. And people have reported good experiences with Stop-n-Shop. 

Just some other options . . . . HTH
  • shoreshotz1shoreshotz1 member
    edited December 2011
    Fancy Flowers, Meridith Fancy, she is amazing! Try 2 way entertainment, Mark friendman, he is also great! Karen Bryden creates beautiful arangements too! If they run their business from home it keeps their costs down...a benefit for you. All of the florists mentioned are incredible and have great reviews.
  • edited December 2011
    Lawrence Gardens in Falmouth does a nice job... the owner is Mary Lavoie...508-548-6811
  • tara214tara214 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Nichole at Bourne Florist (she has a shop right on Rt. 28s right after the rotary), so far she has been great and I liked what I saw in her sample book. Her prices seem reasonable (although I am only doing bouquets and bouts).

For a rehearsal dinner, we are using Aqua Grille in Sandwich. They have decent prices and a cute little private area to use. We almost went with Hemisphere in Sandwich but ultimately, Colleen at Aqua was fantastic and there prices were better.

We are using a DJ from the North Shore who is a friend and only traveling as a favor so I dont have much of a recommendation for you.

Good luck with your searches!
  • edited December 2011
    DJ AJ is who I am using. He is really good and really affordable ($100) per hour. This is not his career (he is a technology teacher) so it's something he does because he loves it Let me know if you want his contact info! When is your wedding?
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • par31par31 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi
    For a DJ try Tom Bruhl. we are using him for our wedding and have been to 3 or 4 events he has been the DJ/MC for. Does a great job!
  • edited December 2011
    I highly recommend DJ Jason Mello.  He's DJ'd a few parties I have been to and I knew I wanted him to DJ my wedding. He just DJ'd my wedding shower on the 9th and everyone loved him!  He is very easy to work with and wants to make sure your day is exactly how you want it. His prices are very good and much more reasonable then a lot of DJ's out there. 
    Check out his website http://jasonmellodj.com/
    Good luck!   :)
  • cdream05cdream05 member
    edited December 2011
    Jane @ Marshfield Florists is amazing! (and they traveled)

Our Dj was Tommy P
    Tom Platt.. I cant find his card but he was great!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm also using Just for You Florist. Here is her email address: justforyourflorist@gmail.com
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone! We hired our dj so that's all set! We ended up going with DJ Ken Drew. As for florist I contacted Jen from Just for you and we met with her and then she disappeared! It's been two and a half weeks! Pretty flakey so the search is on for someone else!

Thanks for all your help!
  • kerbea08kerbea08 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Try CMS flora...they are amazing, my best friend does the bridal consulting! I think they are out of pocasset..HTH 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards