Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Come cheer me up ladies...(Wednesday Night Thread)

Re: Come cheer me up ladies...(Wednesday Night Thread)

• Options
    Yeah Bumped was horrible.  And all the religion talk was just driving me insane.  I'm fine with religion in books and stuff, but its like literally half the book was talking about God and her devotion.

I find it ironic though that i randomly read 2 books this week that talked about Rapture at some point. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I will admit I started it Embarassed When I said it, it was just a stupid opinion that does not make sense to anyone but me. But then some troll came through and said some REALLY shitty stuff. I still feel bad that I said anything that led to all the craziness. :/
  • Options
    cenglecengle member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    Well, I'll definitely have to go and read that then, at some point. Although I have a feeling that I'll just get really annoyed as well. So maybe I'll just save the time and blood pressure and just not read it :)

I miss being around during the day. But I must say, my internship is infinitely cooler than my old job. Like woah.
  • Options
    Wow, MOD DRAMA?!

STEALING FROM MY BELOVED RACH? That just ain't right.

Yeah, I couldn't tell who was saying what, but it's one of those threads that if I'm not around to knock people heads together, I'm better off just not reading it at all because it gets me all riled up.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    Shannyn, if it's of any consolation to you, that troll was annoying from way before UO, so she had it coming.
  • Options
    cengle what are you doing for your internship?

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    Thanks Mica :)

Fishy, yes. She emailed KA weeks ago asking for it and KA randomly asked rach if she still wants it, so rach felt guilty like someone had said something bad about her so she stepped down. Everyone had wanted another girl to be mod, but all of a sudden Aegrish showed up as mod and basically admitted she asked for it weeks ago but insists it was not underhanded.
  • Options
    Yeah Shannyn you actually played it well by just not saying anything after your initial post :) Most people's anger was directed at other people. And really, I have opinions too that could be seen as unpopoular or just down right wrong, but I think as long as people are willing to listen and learn, then it doesn't make me too mad. It's when people keep fighting their point on something and won't listen to the other side that really makes me mad.

And yeah, very rarely does something REALLY bother me here, but there have been a few threads lately where I just have to walk away from it and not think about it.
  • Options
    Well, that shiit just ain't right.

Also, was it one of you who recommended Sarah's Key to me? Because it was freaking fantastic.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    mica178mica178 member
    Wow.  I had no idea there was so much mod drama.  The mod board is maybe the most boring forum in the world.
  • Options
    I have Sarah's Key and Divergent on my to-read list. I'm still making my way through Something Borrowed. That book is long!!
  • Options

:stopping in to say hi for a few minutes:

Everyone deserves a hug in here tonight.  Too much sadness.

Fishy- glad you had a great time in Mexico.

GG- I'm pretty sure Bi-Lo has a deal on wine (something along the lines of buying 6 bottles and getting 10 or 20% off).

• Options
    And the most unhelpful Mica. No one answers stuff there.
  • Options
    mica178mica178 member
    I think I argued too much during that thread and should have pulled out the ban button earlier.  But I was still hurting from being accused of being an over-eager mod when I got rid of LovinLife.  :\
  • Options
    Who called you over eager?
  • Options
    Lovin'Life was annoying.

who called you over eager?

Birdie, both of those books are FANTASTIC. Absolutely fantastic.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    Birdie Something Borrowed is long but I like it.  I actually like Something Blue even better.  

I have Sarah's Key on my to-read list as well.  I'm hoping we end up with a better choice for book club next month.  I can't complain really because I voted for Bumped.  It just was definitely not what I expected.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm just to a point in Something Borrowed where I wish Rachel and Dex would shiit or get off the pot. It just seems to be taking forever.
  • Options
    Mica, OMG.  LovinLife was obnoxious and I really doubt that anyone besides her was annoyed when you banned her. 

And honestly, until the very end, that troll didn't say anything that bannable.  She was just ridiculously ignorant about medication and convinced that anyone who takes anti-anxiety pills is an addict.  It burned me right up, yeah, but I didn't expect her to actually say anything bannable.  I'm glad she did, though.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    mica178mica178 member
    Steph.  Whatever.  I'm being overly-sensitive.  But that troll was annoying, and I'm not sad that she's gone.

I liked Something Borrowed.  Darcy annoyed me for the first half of Something Blue.
  • Options
    Steph from SB?  Really?  I thought they were annoyed with LL's BS over there too.

• Options
    Something blue annoyed me too. I think. I can't remember.

I did not vote for Bumped. I also did not like it. I just went to the library and picked up some random books. However, the library near me sucks. I might drive further away to see if there is a better one.
  • Options
    cenglecengle member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    Fishy: I'm working at a prosecutor's office. Since I'm far enough along in law school, I was able to get a particular license that basically lets me practice under the supervision of a licensed attorney. Since it's my first week, I haven't done anything on my own yet, but I'm in the traffic/misdemeanor section. I was in court all day today (got to watch a fun bench trial where the defendant got yelled at by both the judge and the bailiff). Within the next few weeks, I'll be able to negotiate pleas on my own with defendants and probably do some bench trials on my own. There's also a murder trial going on this week, so I've watched part of that. And everyone in the office is super nice and helpful. And apparently judges love law students.

It's probably not all that exciting to most people, but I'm loving it so far.
  • Options
    Birdie what point of the Hamptons are they at?  

Mica I totally agree.  In the beginning of Something Blue I hated Darcy, but then I really liked her after and I really like how that book turned out.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    mica178mica178 member
    That's awesome, cengle!
  • Options
    That's awesome, Cengle!!! :)

You know what else I read that I giggled through? I Was Told There'd be Cake.

Very funny.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    Alright ladies, I am heading out for sushi. Have a great night everyone!
  • Options
    Night Shan!

Yeah, I'm going to head to bed too.  Game is almost over :(  and I need to be up early.

Night, ladies!

• Options
    Goodnight Shannon and Bay! 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm about a chapter or so past 4th of July. Darcy just had her b-party. I just wish the storyline would pick up a little bit or change or something.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards