May 2012 Weddings
Options

Monday Madness

Someone posts a word and we all discuss it!

Re: Monday Madness

• Options
    flowers

(It seems like everyone is either meeting with florists or already has!)
  • Options
    I met with my florist this weekend! We decided on yellow and orange dahlias, roses, and ranunculus for me, roses for everyone else, and dahlias, ranunculus, and hydrangea for centerpieces.

I'm decorating the aisle with tissue paper pomanders like the ones below (hanging from each chair), but I'm torn on arch decorations. Should I order a fresh flower spray that matches my bouquet to hang at the top, or make some sort of decoration out of the pomanders to match the aisle? Yes, I'm shameless in using knotties to make my decisions for me :)

Follow Me (and my wedding!) on Pinterest
    50 in 2012 Reading Challenge: 2 books read
    my read shelf:

Katie Rizzo's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My grandmother was a florist for a long time.  She is wonderful with flowers, however, she is too nervous to do the bouquets and she always disliked doing corsages.  We are going to hire a florist to make the bouquets, bouts, and corsages.  Grandma is getting the flowers at cost and will be making the aisle decorations and centerpieces.

We're meeting with the florist this weekend.. I have NO IDEA what I want.  I like the idea of having each girl carry a different colored bouquet

Or I was thinking have the same flowers in each bouquet, but each have more of one particular flower. 

Definitely using calla lillies, dhalias, and roses... not sure what else.

For the aisle and centerpiece arrangements, we want something natural. 

I like both of these pictures, but I would want to add a little more color.

The cake topper will be made of fresh flowers as well.

I'm excited to get this check done. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Amanda, that 3rd pic is GORGEOUS!! I might have to "pin" it. :)

I'm meeting with my floristt on Feb 20th, really late, but I'm super excited!!

I want ivory and pale pink peonies in mine, and something light pink and fresh for the BM's, maybe ranunculus.

I'm super excited that my florist is going to provide a whole ton of whole sale daisies, etc and my D-O-C is going to throw together some simple, fun centerpieces.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    bpphoto785bpphoto785 member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012
    I met with our florist last year after a bridal show and booked her then. I had met with a few other florists at the same time and she was the only one who knew what I wanted and understood the word budget.

For the ceremony we're having two large arrangements with curly willow and purple and green flowers. We're having pictures of FI & I growing up at the end of the aisles, so no flowers there. There are PIP of all these.

The bouquets have cala lillies, gerbera daisies, fiddleheads, and gloriosa lillies. The colors will be shades if pinks and reds with hints of yellow and green. Bouts are fiddleheads with greenery, and the corsages will be white and off white to match MOB and MOG dresses, but not sure what flower yet, maybe just roses.

Centerpieces will be in square vases with alstromeria, spider mums, gerbera daisies, roses, button poms and carnations. We're going for a springy garden look and might add some sort of natural element like a tree slice or something.
    May '12 Nesties
    March Siggy Challenge: Furbaby
    MARRIED!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    We met with our florist last year & have had her booked for quite a while now. Our colors are black, white, & blush pink. We will be having white anemones with black centers, blush pink peonies, some greenery (not sure of the exact name) & white ranunculas. My bouquet will have less pink than the BMs. Our centerpieces will be the same flowers as the bouquets, we went with one tall & one short. Our florist is doing these as well. Can't wait! Here is my main inspiration pic for my bouquet:

Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I still have to do this it will be my next check. I had a florist picked out but now we can't reach her and I am starting to freak out. I know exactly what I want I just need to do it. How much are you ladys paying for all your flowers? Or at least what is a good price for them. The lady who was going to do ours was going to only charge us for the flowers so now I'm really nervous about the cost.
  • Options
    I have all silks :)
    Plum bouquets of hydrangea, ranunculus, roses, and peonies for the BM's
    White hydrangea - brooch bouquet for me :)
  • Options
    Orchids being taken care of planners at Sandals; here at our AHR we're using orchids and carnations which are being ordered soon
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    My mom still hasn't decided which florist she wants to use for our wedding. I don't care too much about the flowers, as long as they are yellow :)
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I'm buying flowers in bulk from Sam's Club, but I plan on doing a practice run first to make sure I can actually do it!  I'm also thinking about adding a few brooches and white feathers to my bouquet of white roses, green hypericum berries, and plum carnations. :)
  • Options
    I've been trying to meet with the florist for the last two weeks but things keep coming up. Last week the weather was terrible and it's over an hours drive from where I live so I couldn't make it then. Today, I was supposed to meet with her but I got called in to work for an emergency c-section. I hope this isn't some sort of sign that I shouldn't be using this florist. I've talked with her many times and she isn't worried about when we meet but I am anxious to get it done with.

As for flowers this is what I am thinking so far.

Brooch bouquet for me with mostly silver and purple brooches and white roses along the bottom. Similar to this bouquet.

Bridesmaids will all have the same bouquet of dark purple carnations.

With less green and wrapped in black instead of purple.

For the moms I want to do something like this

I just need to find the bracelets and find out if the florist can attach the flowers to it.

Haven't given it much thought as to what I want to do for the guys. FI won't need a boutonniere since he'll be in his army uniform but I do need 6 for the GM and 2 for the dads. I really want to do something with feathers but not sure exactly what. I found a couple ideas that I like but nothing that I am crazy about yet. Here are a few of my ideas so far.

Centerpieces are either going to be purple tulips or carnations but I need to find prices for both before I decide. Oy, lots of decisions to make and so little time to make them!!!
    imageVisit The Nest!
  • Options
    I haven't met with a florist yet (whoops - better get on that!), but I know that I want peonies for my boquet.  I'm envisioning something like this:

Or like this:

Anniversary
  • Options
    RivieraBoundRivieraBound member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012
    I just met with my florist last Thursday so it is still fresh in my mind!  I am getting SO EXCITED!
    We will be using hot pink peonies, white peonies, hot pink roses, green hygrangea, and white roses.

My colors are clover green and hot pink (or fuschia, whatever lol)

Me: white peonies, white roses, green hydrangea
    Groom: white rose
    Bridesmaids, hot pink peonies and hot pink roses
    Groomsmen, hot pink roses
    ring barer, mini white rose
    MOB MOG grandparents, white corsages and bouts

Ceremony, aisle will be lined with shepard hooks with gavanized pales full of green hydrangea and hot pink roses

Centerpieces will be half tall arrangements of green hydrangea, hot pink peonies, and hot pink roses, the other half will be candles in hurricane globes.

Cake will have green hydrangea at the top tier and hot pink peonies stair stepping down.

WOW I hope my wedding doesnt look like a watermellon hahah. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm doing silk sunflowers...red for the girls and white for me. We not doing anything else with flowers...no things for the men or moms. This is where we need to save our money the little details. Im loving seeing what you girls are doing.
  • Options

The only flowers that are being used in my wedding are for the bridal party and immediate family (parents, grandparents)

This is my bouquet inspiration, Hot Pink Gerberas and roses

Bridesmaids bouquets

My bouquet will be wrapped in the damask and the BM in the black. Minus the jewel and green ribbon in this pic

Groomsmen bout

Grooms bout the same as the Groomsmen bouts but a Pink Rose to match my bouquet and wrapped in the black ribbon like the pic above.

Mothers corsage

March Siggy: Our Furbabies Thunder and Tinkerbelle photo 576844_10151220437472389_274194501_n.jpg PhotobucketPhotobucket
    He put a ring on it!!! 12-12-10! Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    For Sale Bio
  • Options
    I bought pre-made hydrangea silk flower boquets for my bridesmaids and I and I bought pre-made rose pomander balls for my two flower girls to hold. I will not be doing any flowers for the guys or moms. I am going to order fresh hydrangeas from Sam's Club in bulk for my centerpieces. I'm also going to but fresh tulip and spring mix bouquets for the gift table and guest book/place card tables. I am not planning on spending more than $400 total for all the flowers
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards