September 2013 Weddings

I might have to cancel my big day

We were all ready on a really tight budget to begin with and now due to us just taking an unseen financial hit we might have to cancle all together.
FI says he is going to ask his parents if they will help but I don't want him to ask anyone for money.
I want to scream.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: I might have to cancel my big day

• sorry to hear this!  Hope you can get things worked out!  There is always the court house!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm soo sorry to hear this.  Can you change the venue to save money or get married on a day/month that is off season??  Is it an option to invite a few less people to save money on the price per person?  

And if you do have to borrow money you will probably get some from wedding gifts that you could use to help pay it back.  I know this is not an ideal thing to do with wedding gift money but it is an option.  Again I am soo sorry for you and I hope it all works itself out.  Keep us posted!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks ladies.
    FI said that we will still be able to pay for everything and to calm down. LOL.
    I guess we'll see....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Jlp818Jlp818 member
    Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Yay! Well just remember the marriage is more important than the wedding.  If you need to go smaller thats ok! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That's wonderful!!  Congrats!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Good luck.  Had you chosen a venue yet?  I am also getting married in the Mystic area and maybe be able to suggest some of the cheaper venues/vendors. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited July 2012
    [QUOTE]Good luck.  Had you chosen a venue yet?  I am also getting married in the Mystic area and maybe be able to suggest some of the cheaper venues/vendors. 
    Posted by saundeks[/QUOTE]
    We have booked the Elks Lodge in Westbrook. Nothing is cheap in this state. lol. I am very DIY so we can save some there. I think the flowers, centerpieces, and food will be the hardest thing. It looks like everything might fall into place though.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards