Maryland
Options

In Need of Kent Island-- Annapolis Venue!!!

Hello Maryland Brides!

I'm getting married in Maryland in the fall of 2012 but I currently live in Italy. I'm in the states for two weeks starting my search for wedding venues but haven't found anything in my price range yet... it may be because I'm so unfamiliar with the area, my parents moved here two months ago and will be here for four years which is why we decided to have the wedding here. 

So, maybe you ladies can help me! I'm really not looking for anything in particular.. but since the wedding will probably be in Nov. I'm thinking indoor would be best. I already tried Kent Manor and Marie's B&B.. both were beautiful but way out of my budget! Any suggestions you can give would be great.. thanks so much!

Re: In Need of Kent Island-- Annapolis Venue!!!

• Options
    LoveKissLoveKiss member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Historic Inns of Annapolis are lovely, and can be reasonably priced on a Sunday. When we were looking, the venue fee was $500 each for the ceremony space (a ballroom in the Maryland Inn with gorgeous chandaliers and 2 fireplaces) and the reception (the Treaty of Paris restaurant, also in the Maryland Inn). It would have been $70 per person for a 4 course meal (mind you, these were 2010 prices). We seriously considered this venue before realizing that our date was the same weekend as a huge event that snarls traffic and would likely result in someone not arriving.

I don't have any venue recommendations on Kent Island for the wedding, but if you need a rehearsal dinner spot, we had ours at Bridges Restaurant and Dock Bar in Grasonville and it was wonderfully laid back and delicious.

If you want to head another 30 minutes farther onto the Eastern Shore, Easton is a lovely small town to explore. The Tidewater Inn is a good wedding venue option. They have 2 different ballrooms, a nice outdoor courtyard, and a lovely other space (whose name I forget) that comes with access to an outdoor patio with fireplace and a charming wine room. Their rates (again, 2010 prices) were $85 per person for a 4 course meal and cocktail hour) and the venue fee was $1000 (for a Sunday wedding).

We got married in Easton at a bed and breakfast and it was absolutely amazing. It was the Inn at 202 Dover, in case you are interested. Their venue fee was more than the others I mentioned, but it came with exclusive use of the B&B for the entire wedding day and night. We paid $110 per person for a 4 course meal and cocktail hour, and it was worth every penny. The food was amazing. Our wedding was, hands down, the best money we've ever spent.

Note: None of the per person prices included alcohol, as we planned to pay on consumption.

Another venue option that we considered was Quiet Waters Park in Annapolis. They have an event hall and some very nice ceremony site options. We never officially checked it out because I fell in love with our venue, but the fees seemed very reasonable.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LoveKiss, 

Thank you so much for your detailed information! I plan on looking into the locations you mentioned right away, and we have extended our search to Easton.. I'm actually finding a lot of lovely places out that way. You've been a huge help!
  • Options
    LoveKissLoveKiss member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, and my friend got married at the Chart House restaurant in Annapolis. It has floor to ceiling windows overlooking the Annapolis docks. There was no venue fee. The only condition was that they had to be done and cleaned up by 4pm so that the restaurant could open for regular dinner service. So if you are not opposed to a daytime wedding, it's a lovely, and very affordable option.
  • Options
    ashlidieashlidie member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Lovekiss, my computer is not allowing me to "submit" my PM to you...

Did your friend by any chance mention to you the average cost pp for Chart House?  I know you pay per consumption for alcohol, but I was mainly talking about linens, table settings, food and service.  I have a friend looking for affordable waterfront venues and thought this was beautiful.
    June 2013 - Shoe Inspiration
    imageimage
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    sabrina+ricksabrina+rick member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi!  We just visited The Chesapeake Bay Beach Club on Kent Island and Kent Manor Inn.  Both are very nice!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You might want to try Saint Michaels if you are coming to the shore. Beautiful, quaint town on the Harbor.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards