July 2012 Weddings

Reception dress Yay or Nay

Hey ladies,

I was thinking about getting a second dress to wear at the reception. So I came across this dress: http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Strapless-Stretch-Charmeuse-Fit-to-Flare-Skirt-45328_Sale-Sale-Bridal-Gowns. I like this dress but I need a second opinion.

If I order the dress it will be here on time and my wedding is on July 27th.

What do you think??? Yay or Nay

T.I.A
Wedding Countdown Ticker "Don't marry the person you can live with, marry the person you can't live without."

Re: Reception dress Yay or Nay

• What does your first dress look like?
    *~The Future Mrs. Paine~*

*~Planning Bio Updated April 16th~*

image 331 invited image 107 are ready to party image 96 are missing out image 128 can't find the mailbox rsvp's due back June 30th!
  • This is me in my wedding dress

This is the back of it
    Wedding Countdown Ticker "Don't marry the person you can live with, marry the person you can't live without."
  • Wow!  That would be a huge change!

I love your first dress and I don't think you should change out of it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • I love it but nay. Your wedding dress is stunning - I'd want to keep it on all night!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Honeybear072012- Thanks! When I tried the dress on at my fitting it was a tab bit heavy. I guess with the full getup made the dress heavy.
  • Thanks, pillsburyraj! I don't know what to now...
  • Nati05Nati05 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_reception-dress-yay-or-nay?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:223e8edb-19ec-4cae-b4ef-22ba89157594Post:fc34fd2f-60d9-4a1d-8e57-617880caa60a">Re: Reception dress Yay or Nay</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love it but nay. Your wedding dress is stunning - I'd want to keep it on all night!
    Posted by pillsburyaj[/QUOTE]

I completely agree!! It's gorgeous! Though I can understand your worry about it being too heavy. I'm a little worried about the heat with mine, but I know I won't be taking that thing off for as long as I can haha!
  • Thanks, Nati05! Lol I know what you mean! I have two layer of tulle and a full bridal slip underneath. Just talking about it makes me sweat lol
  • Yeah, I get you about it being hot.  My dress is satin over layers of tulle and it's HOT!  I just think it's too pretty to change out of!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • NAY! not that the dress isnt beautiful. People ask me if im going to do this and I tell them I didnt spend XYZ to change into something else that costs a little more less! 
    pregnancy calendar
  • I wouldn't, but because I can't see myself spending money on another dress that I'm just going to wear for a few hours.
    doggie Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The second dress doesn't have the WOW factor that your first dress has. I wouldn't buy the dress.
    Your first dress is simply beautiful!!! LOVE it!!Don't take that dress off. LOL

191 Invited image 164 Are ready to party!! image 27 Are missing out image 0 Are making me wait imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • I say nay.  It seems like such an afterthought this close to the wedding.  I think if you had really wanted a second dress for the reception, you would've gotten it long ago. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker weddingpreview
  • Thanks ladies! I decided not to get the dress and wear my wedding dress all night Smile
  • Nay... Your first actual dress is too pretty to change out of. 

Anxiously awaiting baby #1! Baby BOY Due: May 30, 2013! Lilypie Maternity tickers

• I agree with the other girls. Your bridal gown is gorgeous! I don't think you should get the 2nd dress.
    Photobucket
  • I will echo everyone else and say NAY.
    Does your dress busle? that would be my only reason for changing is if it didn't busle because I wouldn't want someone to step on the train. 
    Your first dress is beautiful!

I am doing a dress change possibily but that is because mine doesn't busle so it's on my BM and everyone to see if we can get it to busle with safety pins or not if I change.
  • I have the EXACT same wedding dress! I, myself, am considering a second dress because it is heavy!! I had my bridal portraits yesterday and after 2 hours I was miserable :(
    That being said, it is absolutely gorgeous and I'd hate to not wear it the whole time. I got SO many compliments from people passing by!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards