Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

In need of a cheap, but tasty bakery!!

Okay, last year my best friend spent $700 on her wedding cake!!! I refuse to pay half of that. I am a cupcake lover anyways. So I was thinking of doing a cupcake tower with a round cake at the bottom/top for the FI and I to cut. We are having our wedding in McKinney so I am in need of some help with finding someone.

Something like this!

Soon to be MR. & MRS. ANTHONY PRICE JR! Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: In need of a cheap, but tasty bakery!!

• How many people are attending your wedding? There are a ton of bakeries in the McKinney area. Sweet Art Bakery is one of my fav's also Rejoice and Cakes Amore in Plano. Have you ever tried Costco cakes/cupckaes. They are delicious, could be an inexpensive alternative.
  • We are expecting a 100 guest!
  • Check out Sugar Queen Cupcakes. They are sooo amazing & I don't even eat sweets! We paid around $250 for 6 dozen (huge) cupcakes and a 8" topper for cutting. This also includes delivery and set-up. I had a 50 person wedding & we had about 1.5 dozen left over. She also now does mini cupcakes, so that could be an option for you. Lisa Britten is the owner and she is great to work with. Check out her website & Facebook for great pics from weddings (mine are the purple with silver accent cupcakes). And tell her Jill sent you!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_in-need-of-a-cheap-but-tasty-bakery?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:91d712c2-8695-4cc3-8ae0-fa2523a119d4Post:d93deacd-9b47-4958-857e-50289103acd0">Re: In need of a cheap, but tasty bakery!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Check out Sugar Queen Cupcakes. They are sooo amazing & I don't even eat sweets! We paid around $250 for 6 dozen (huge) cupcakes and a 8" topper for cutting. This also includes delivery and set-up. I had a 50 person wedding & we had about 1.5 dozen left over. She also now does mini cupcakes, so that could be an option for you.
    Lisa Britten is the owner and she is great to work with. Check out her website & Facebook for great pics from weddings (mine are the purple with silver accent cupcakes). And tell her Jill sent you!
    Posted by jillrenee&brett[/QUOTE]

Thanks Jill!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards