Connecticut

Florist

Hi Ladies,
I'm going to start looking for florists soon.  A few questions....I am not going to do centerpieces, just 4 bouquets and maybe boutineers.  Is this something florists will usually deliver to the venue, or would I be picking them up the day before?  My venue is in Barkhamstead, but I live in West Hartford, so that would probably help  determine where I start looking location wise for florists.

Can anyone give me recommendations on low cost florists in those areas?  I would guess that florists in the Barkhamsted/ Torrington areas would be lower cost then WH, but who knows!  I've seen suggestions before on going to Sams club, or a place like that.  Does anyone know if they do just bouquets/is there a way to specify/have them order flowers, or is it pretty much they will use what they have in that day? 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Florist

• I am using Flower Girl out of Southington. She is awesome and reasonable priced. I would totally check her out!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Most florists require that you spend a certain amount for them to deliver, so you may need to pick the flowers up yourself if you're only getting bouquets and boutonnieres. It will vary by florist though so I would ask.
    imageAnniversary
  • Melissa at Stylish Blooms is very affordable and willl work with you even if you don't have centerpeices. Most florists I know will deliver to you, though some of them may charge a fee to do this. 

I am 98% sure if you do a grocery store or Sam's club they will order the flowers you want, but it'd probably be best to just check with them.
  • We are also using Kelly from the Flower Girl in Southington! We have enjoyed her so far!
  • I am using Sharon Elizabeths in Berlin
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_florist-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:45d2966a-7977-4404-b950-b05a41d7a497Post:fa923714-5463-4093-bdcb-46a31c514d06">Re: Florist</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Melissa at Stylish Blooms is very affordable and willl work with you even if you don't have centerpeices.</strong> Most florists I know will deliver to you, though some of them may charge a fee to do this.  I am 98% sure if you do a grocery store or Sam's club they will order the flowers you want, but it'd probably be best to just check with them.
    Posted by MoonlightSilver[/QUOTE]

We're using Melissa also and don't have any centerpieces.  Just WP flowers.  If I remember correctly Melissa charges something like $35 or $50 for delivery if your order is under $1000.  I could be wrong but that's what sticks out in my head.
  • We are using Melissa from stylish blooms! Very affordable and will work with your budget!
    148 invitedimage | 105 Yes!image | 8 Noimage |33 still ? image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_florist-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:45d2966a-7977-4404-b950-b05a41d7a497Post:ed9bc8cd-b08e-4830-84fe-b315eab9759d">Re: Florist</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are using Melissa from stylish blooms! Very affordable and will work with your budget!
    Posted by Christine9866[/QUOTE]

I too am using Melissa and she has been fantastic! :)
    Anniversary
  • We are using Leah, the owner of It's So Ranunculous. She is AMAZING and gave us almost the exact same pricing as Melissa from Stylish Blooms. Leah is just so out going, happy, and accomodating. She made a sample bouquet for me on the spot, no questions asked, because she has a store front, which I appreciated. Leah also gave me a bunch of vintage bottles and is allowing us to borrow two vintage ladders for our wedding... for free. It is a family run business (kind of in the middle of nowhere), but I HIGHLY recommend contacting her. I think she would deliver for you, no problem. Good luck!!
  • Thanks so mcuh everyone!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm using Christine at Azalea Floral Designs - she's located in West Hartford, is incredibly awesome, and will almost definitely do your volume - you'd just have to pick-up.

My Mom spoke to over 30 florists before picking Christine.

Anniversary

• Hi! I am a florist, I am actually just starting up my website it is not up yet, but I would be happy to speak with you and help you out, I inclluded a link to my personal facebook page I have alot of albums with my floral designs so you can see my work. I am willing to provide delivery at no additional cost and if you are not doing centerpeices, I can definetly work within a low budget.

I have alot of experience I was working for Big Y in West Hartford and just left to start up on my own. Please feel free to email me at poppysflorals@yahoo.com and we can set something up, if you are interested. I look forward to hearing from you!!

These 2 links are for 2 of my albums that have wedding bouquets in them, please feel free to browse through the other flower design albums if you would like!

Thanks!!
    Megan Ryan

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150560388210437.649419.852330436&type=3&l=c1580d72ff

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150814533630437.738512.852330436&type=1&l=21091a9d4c
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards