Indiana

Barns/Rustic Venues In Northwest Indiana (LAKE Co. Area)

Hello everyone! I'm in need of help finding a rustic venue for my wedding reception located in Northwest Indiana near Highland/Merrillville area.  I'm having a vintage style wedding and my ideal area would be a barn venue. The only one around in the area is county line orchard in Hobart and I'm not to fond of it. Does anyone know of maybe families renting out their own barns or anything of that nature? I'm having trouble locating venues that aren't so formal.

Thank you in advance! You can always PM me or write ideas here. I really apperciate any feedback!

Re: Barns/Rustic Venues In Northwest Indiana (LAKE Co. Area)

• Oh my goodness, I just went to the cutest wedding in a gorgeous barn last weekend-- Volek Party Barn in Beecher, IN. It looks like a normal barn from the outside, but inside is so awesome! It's got an upstairs type of area, built-in bar, and just looks so neat. I'd have my own wedding there, but it was my fiance's cousins wedding so I can't really do the same place. Definitely you should look into it though, it's so gorgeous! Good luck! :)
  • foreverlovexforeverlovex member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited October 2012
    Thank you for the reply! Do you know if they have a website? I tried googling and it didn't come up with muchFrown
  • The Red Barn Experience in LaPorte is really cute. My friend just got married there in June, and she said it was affordable: 

• Thanks everyone so so much for you input!Smile
    Anyone know any others to share? I LOVE the red barn but it seems far for my guests it being over an hour for some.

Ideas?
  • I'm in the same spot - looking for a venue, some of those venues sound great but i'm having trouble findiing any info on the Volek Party Barn in Beecher, IN or even the Red BArn - does anyone have any sites they can share?

also any rustic decor - let me know what you're selling and what you want for it ;)

thanks so much -
  • Does anyone have any information for the Volek Party Barn?  I can't find anything on the internet!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_indiana_barnsrustic-venues-in-northwest-indiana-lake-co-area?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:97Discussion:a9c8122b-1d7e-4de8-9a13-20731f5c8137Post:d943d394-f7b2-458d-81db-94f8f23f5fa9">Re: Barns/Rustic Venues In Northwest Indiana (LAKE Co. Area)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh my goodness, I just went to the cutest wedding in a gorgeous barn last weekend-- Volek Party Barn in Beecher, IN. It looks like a normal barn from the outside, but inside is so awesome! It's got an upstairs type of area, built-in bar, and just looks so neat. I'd have my own wedding there, but it was my fiance's cousins wedding so I can't really do the same place. Definitely you should look into it though, it's so gorgeous! Good luck! :)
    Posted by SmilingMonkey101[/QUOTE]
  • Bump. Still needed help with ideas. Not much luck here :(
  • Hello everyone!
    I am getting married in a barn that is in the subdivision Pentwater in Crown Point, IN. The barn itself is called the Harold wheeler community center barn, It is beautiful inside! the only downside is that you have to know someone in the subdivision to sign for you to use the barn.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_indiana_barnsrustic-venues-in-northwest-indiana-lake-co-area?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:97Discussion:a9c8122b-1d7e-4de8-9a13-20731f5c8137Post:029a9c7e-74aa-4c7f-8fbc-6b6339617bde">Re: Barns/Rustic Venues In Northwest Indiana (LAKE Co. Area)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello everyone! I am getting married in a barn that is in the subdivision Pentwater in Crown Point, IN. The barn itself is called the Harold wheeler community center barn, It is beautiful inside! the only downside is that you have to know someone in the subdivision to sign for you to use the barn.
    Posted by angoso12513[/QUOTE]

So glad I ran across this post! I'm having my wedding at Volek's Party Barn June 15th, 2013 and I just want to say they are SO awesome! Marie and Tank are the owners, it is right in their backyard. The barn features a pond with a gazebo in the back (pefect for an outdoor wedding), a petting zoo (they said they might be getting rid of that soon), an upstairs loft for additional seating, dancefloor which is currently concrete but they said they will have hardwood down by my wedding, a stage, and a bar. Let me just tell you it is fabulous. The outside looks like a typical pole barn, but the inside is maginificant. They have white hanging lanterns everywhere, tables and chairs for up to 200 guests are included. She sometimes does the table linens and chair covers for the cheapest price I've seen, you can ask her about that. Her son Joe also DJ's and has a great rate. They unforuntely do not have a website, although I believe she said they are working on it. If you want their number you can e-mail me at <a href="mailto:jaclynvallow@comcast.net" rel="nofollow">jaclynvallow@comcast.net</a> and I'll make sure to check with her and get it for you. 
  • n Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_indiana_barnsrustic-venues-in-northwest-indiana-lake-co-area?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:97Discussion:a9c8122b-1d7e-4de8-9a13-20731f5c8137Post:6642f884-e50b-4502-9b86-78cd67014ed8">Re: Barns/Rustic Venues In Northwest Indiana (LAKE Co. Area)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Does anyone have any information for the Volek Party Barn?  I can't find anything on the internet! In Response to Re: Barns/Rustic Venues In Northwest Indiana (LAKE Co. Area) :
    Posted by amyhayes117[/QUOTE]

it is probably beecher, illinois not indiana
  • Hi, do you have any information on the barn in pentwater? I've been googling it non stop and cannot seem to come up with any luck. Please help ;
  • HI, I send you an email! i have been looking for info on this place with no luck! Thanks so much for offering the help!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_indiana_barnsrustic-venues-in-northwest-indiana-lake-co-area?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:97Discussion:a9c8122b-1d7e-4de8-9a13-20731f5c8137Post:b1557a84-a1e3-424d-a3dc-d97a2c63d6b6">Re: Barns/Rustic Venues In Northwest Indiana (LAKE Co. Area)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Barns/Rustic Venues In Northwest Indiana (LAKE Co. Area) : So glad I ran across this post! I'm having my wedding at Volek's Party Barn June 15th, 2013 and I just want to say they are SO awesome! Marie and Tank are the owners, it is right in their backyard. The barn features a pond with a gazebo in the back (pefect for an outdoor wedding), a petting zoo (they said they might be getting rid of that soon), an upstairs loft for additional seating, dancefloor which is currently concrete but they said they will have hardwood down by my wedding, a stage, and a bar. Let me just tell you it is fabulous. The outside looks like a typical pole barn, but the inside is maginificant. They have white hanging lanterns everywhere, tables and chairs for up to 200 guests are included. She sometimes does the table linens and chair covers for the cheapest price I've seen, you can ask her about that. Her son Joe also DJ's and has a great rate. They unforuntely do not have a website, although I believe she said they are working on it. If you want their number you can e-mail me at jaclynvallow@comcast.net and I'll make sure to check with her and get it for you. 
    Posted by jaci621991[/QUOTE]
  • Here is the website for the pentwater barn, its the subdivisions website but there is contact info there if you want to go look at it or see if you can rent it out without knowing someone in the subdivision
  • edited March 2013
    Here is the website for the pentwater barn, its the subdivisions website but there is contact info there if you want to go look at it or see if you can rent it out without knowing someone in the subdivision
  • Does anyone yet have contact information on the volek party barn? Please post it if anyone has it.
  • Does anyone yet have contact information on the volek party barn? Please post it if anyone has it.
  • Emily, i love that you posted this.. I'm looking into renting this place next year for our venue. Thank you!!!!!   Are you going to be using any additional lighting (string lights, etc) ... we live in cincinnati and won't be able to scope the location out till maybe August and I'm curious as to any lighting.  Congrats to you and your hubby to be!!
  • Hello Ladies,

So i was FINALLY able to  vist the pentwater barn and thought it was nice... it has a lot of downs though... you have to be out by 10pm due to it being in a neighboorhood, bathrooms are only located in the clubhouse and it seems to be used for smaller parties. You will be responsible for setting up the entire event as well as taking it down so if you are thinking about renting this you may want to rent the barn and clubhouse for 2 or 3 days depending on how much set up and tear down is needed. You also must know someone that lives in the neighboorhood.

We also looked at the county line orchard which was the most over priced venue ive ever seen... a tiny space for such a huge price not to mention the fact that you have to have a certain number of guests in order to book the center part of the barn even if you wanted to pay to have the section.. Dont get me wrong its absolutley stunning just not into spending that much money for something thats not resonable in my eyes.

My fiance wasnt too fond of the barn idea, his face lit up when we walked into Wicker park in Highland IN, after all its his dream day too and i can make it look as vinatge as i need :)

Bridgette with dinning solutions at Wicker park is AWESOME, I highly recommend!!

Good luck to everyone!!

• emilyann357

My sister is getting married next June (2014) with the same type of style wedding in mind. We would be interested in seeing some of the stuff you have for sale after your wedding!! Please contact me if you see this! Email: tinkerdust916@yahoo.com
    Thank you an congrats!
  • To Emily Ann 357

I am VERY interested in purchasing some of your vintage things....mason jars, suitcases, vintage things.  Please let me know how I can email you or contact you.

Thanks,
    Sharon J
  • Interested in what you have for sale from your wedding.  Doing a vintage wedding as well and am in need of supplies for my wedding.  Please contact me at kristy.manko@yahoo.com
  • Hello.  I noticed your post regarding having some items available after your wedding.  Did you have your wedding yet?  My daughter is getting married August 10, 2013, and we are looking for blue mason jars, photobooth props, etc.  Let me know what you have and prices.  Thanks.
  • To everyone looking to buy mason jars your local thrift store will have plenty! goodwill also seems to have them as well. just ask a worker and im sure they will have a ton in back! as to color them you just need some mod podge and food coloring. You can look online for DIY colored mason jars! hope this helps!
  • have you looked at county line apple orchard it is beatiful
  • Any luck on any more venues?  I am looking at Butterfield Family Pavilion this month with my fiance.  My fiance and I really want a rustic look, but we can't find anything close and reasonably priced in Merrillville.
  • Butterfield Family Pavillion in Valpo has a rustic feel! i met a girl on this site who had hers there...she said it was only $400 for the whole weekend and they provide chairs and tables. I was going to have my reception there, but considering it doesnt have A/C (and were having it in august) i decided against it. Good luck!! i hope it works out for you!!
  • Thanks!  My fiancé and I actually had to change our wedding to winter of 2016 due to my schooling...
  • Hello Ladies,

So i was FINALLY able to  vist the pentwater barn and thought it was nice... it has a lot of downs though... you have to be out by 10pm due to it being in a neighboorhood, bathrooms are only located in the clubhouse and it seems to be used for smaller parties. You will be responsible for setting up the entire event as well as taking it down so if you are thinking about renting this you may want to rent the barn and clubhouse for 2 or 3 days depending on how much set up and tear down is needed. You also must know someone that lives in the neighboorhood.

We also looked at the county line orchard which was the most over priced venue ive ever seen... a tiny space for such a huge price not to mention the fact that you have to have a certain number of guests in order to book the center part of the barn even if you wanted to pay to have the section.. Dont get me wrong its absolutley stunning just not into spending that much money for something thats not resonable in my eyes.

My fiance wasnt too fond of the barn idea, his face lit up when we walked into Wicker park in Highland IN, after all its his dream day too and i can make it look as vinatge as i need :)

Bridgette with dinning solutions at Wicker park is AWESOME, I highly recommend!!

Good luck to everyone!!

Ok so when you said it did was used for smaller parties, could you just estimate how many people you could fit in it?  I'm just curious.  Thanks! 

• Good morning, Everyone.
    I am still trying to find contact information for The Volek Barn in Beecher, IL. Can ANYONE please help me? I am winding down on finding a venue and would really LOVE the change to talk to someone about this venue. Thank you!
  • I have tons of vintage items for sale! PM me if interested (after 5.31.) they will be for sale.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards