South Carolina-Charleston

Kiawah Island

Anyone getting married on Kiawah Island?  I'm from out of town and would love to chat with someone about ideas, etc........

Re: Kiawah Island

• cougarettecougarette member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not, but the clubhouse at the Kiawah River Course was destroyed in a fire last week.  There are other venues, but wanted to let you know just in case you were looking there.

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
    Amanda (cougarette) has read 10 books toward her goal of 75 books.
    hide
  • edited December 2011
    Wow!  That's terrible.  Was anyone hurt?  What started it?  Thanks for letting me know.  We already booked the Sanctuary and we're having the reception at the hotel in the Terrace Ballroom. 
  • cougarettecougarette member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Luckily no one was hurt, it started in the middle of the night.  Now that you mention it, I haven't heard what caused it.

The Sanctuary will be beautiful though!

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
    Amanda (cougarette) has read 10 books toward her goal of 75 books.
    hide
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married on Kiawah this fall.  We're looking at a ceremony on the Ocean Course and Reception at the Osprey Clubhouse.  When is your wedding? 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • alliemwolfalliemwolf member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married in Kiawah in June and it was supposed to be at the River Course.  I just went this weekend to see the new set up at Cassique.  They have a lot of work ahead of them but if you are interested in seeing the pictures let me know as I have them.  I'm having my rehearsal happy hour at the Sand Castle and it's really pretty and overlooks the water.   I have pictures of that place as well.  I have a wonderful florist, cake place and photographer if you want their names!
    Allie H BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    YAY!  I'm so happy to find some fellow knoties getting married at Kiawah!  Allie, I'm so sorry to hear about the fire!  I'm sure everything will work out ok. How is Cassique?  Jennifer, The Ocean Course is beautiful!!  I haven't been to Opsrey Clubhouse yet.    Are they part of the Sanctuary?  Are you working with Hope and Anna? I saw your bio and I love your dress : )   I'm getting married on May 30th at the Sanctuary.  I would love any information about florists, thanks, Jennifer!   I already have a photographer and we have to use the bakery that the Sanctuary provides, so I can't use them, but out of curiosity who did you choose for a photographer?  I'm using RL Morris.   I still haven't gotten my  ceremony music or an officiant yet - so if you have any info, I'd love to hear it : )  Kiawah is SO pretty - I can't wait : )
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Use Debra from Blooming Occassions, she is AMAZING and so SO sweet!  Tell her Allie referred you and she will do a wonderful job.  Her number is 843-559-2333.  For photography- I'm using Marni.  She is great and did a great job at both my sisters wedding.  I'm getting married June 5th so it's right after yours.  Good luck with everything.  As for my ceremony music, I'm Catholic so the ceremony will be at Holy Spirit.  I have all my music all picked out if you want it.  Kiawah is beautiful and you will be a beautiful bride.  I've been going there for over 10 years now and I just love it.  The Sanctuary is amazing.  Did y'all get a good rate on your hotel room?  I just called yesterday and the only thing they are doing is 10% off.  EHH!! 

As for Cassique, it's pretty but they still have a lot to do with the new structure/tent.  It's HUGE!!!  In the end it will be perfect, it's just annoying since everything went out saying River Course, etc.  Fun times!!

Good luck with everything and let me know if you need anything else, but do call Debra, I told her I was passing her info along and she is right off Main Rd.  She does a WONDERFUL job.  My sister used her for her wedding and WOW, the flowers were breathtaking!

Allie H BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011

Hi Allie,

Thanks for the info!!  I will give Debra a call.  How are you doing with Cassique?  I'm sure it'll be beautiful - you just can't go wrong in Kiawah!!  Can you  believe how close our wedding is?????  I would love to see a list of your ceremony music - thanks! 

First Comment
    edited December 2011

I cant believe you are getting married the week before me and I will actually be in Kiawah your wedding weekend, small world.  I'm Catholic so this is what I'm doing for my ceremony music
    Mothers walking down-  Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring Bach
    Bridesmaids- Air on a G String  Bach
    Bride and father- Canon D

I cant remember what where I put the other music for the recessional but my church gave me some great links and choices to look at, if you want them shoot me an email at alliemwolf@gmail.com
    As for Cassique, I still want to see picture of it now that it's completed.  I've been a wreck with the whole thing but there's not much I can do with it.  I'm glad I will be down in Kiawah the week prior to the wedding so I can get my last minute stuff completed.  You really should call Debra, she is amazing and just so kind!

I swear I think I met someone that is coming to your wedding at Belk the other day because this lady said she is going to a wedding I believe your weekend at the hotel and I can only imagine they have one or two there.  Who knows, but that would be crazy if I did.  She was very sweet.

Anyway, good luck and let me know if you need anything else. :) 
    Best Wishes,
    Allie

Allie H BabyFruit Ticker
  • beautylmbeautylm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I live near Kiawah and go to tons of weddings there. It is absolutely gorgeous! sounds like you got a ton of good recs already. Let me know if you need any other info!
  • I am also thinking about getting married in Kiawah!!! Any advice or vendor recommendations would be amazing!  Just really started looking into it though, but I'm pretty sure I want to have it at the ocean course on the beach and have the reception on the terrace ballroom or the Grand lawn.  Any suggestions or advice would be so helpful and much appreciated!
  • I am also thinking about getting married in Kiawah!!! Any advice or vendor recommendations would be amazing!  Just really started looking into it though, but I'm pretty sure I want to have it at the ocean course on the beach and have the reception on the terrace ballroom or the Grand lawn.  Any suggestions or advice would be so helpful and much appreciated!
  • I am wanting to have a wedding at kiawah! We are curious if we can have our reception outside ?? We want a beach reception, but I don't think that's really all that possible.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards