Latino Weddings

Order of Services.

My FI and are planning a mulit-culti wedding with both Mexican and African American customs.

We're using the arras, the lazo, the offering to the Virgin ( although I think that's more of a Catholic thing) and jumping the broom at the end. I have that covered. Smile

I'm making a mock-up of the wedding program to give to our priest (Irish Catholic-can't really help us there) and I don't know where to put everything. At what point do the padrinos put on the lazo on us? (and is it okay if he uses his godmother and I use his grandmother, who was my sponsor for my conversion to Catholicm?) When does the groom give the arras to the bride (and where do I put them?) Is the offering to Mary the last thing we do before we are "pronounced"?

I am so confused.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Order of Services.

• NickDanielleBNickDanielleB member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I looked this up on google. See if this helps you.

http://www.marryu.com/spanish/bilingual.htm
  • edited December 2011
    Ha, even as a Catholic I had to ask so I feel you.  I recommend you ask one of his relatives, the women usually know this better than the guys.  A Hispanic Priest would also be good to ask.  A final resource could be wedding videos posted on You Tube.  In the meantime, here is how I remember from my wedding. 

The arras are blesses & exchanged soon after the vows, since at that point you've already promised your FI to love, honor and share your life be it good or bad. The priest will request them when needed so make sure to give them to a couple who will be near the front.

The lazo is placed on before the prayer over the offerings, during which you will be kneeling so have have something comfy to kneel on. 

Both The padrinos de lazo and padrinos de arras is traditionally a married couple, preferrable one that has a stable marriage mainly for good luck. 

The offering to the Virgin comes after the Priest give the final blessing and presents you to the guests as Mr & Mrs. X.  

:)  Good luck
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards