Christian Weddings

Need Prayer? Put your praises/requests here (Wk of 3/13)

Any praises or prayer requests this week?

Re: Need Prayer? Put your praises/requests here (Wk of 3/13)

• fpaemp2011fpaemp2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    De, my youngest adopted cousin,(3 1/2)  was admitted to the hospital yesterday morning.  He had surgery on one of his eyes a week ago and has just been "off" the last few days.  He's had more seizure activity than usual, he's had a low fever off and on, and then Friday he couldn't keep anything down and on Friday night there was some blood in it.  My aunt took him to the ER and they admitted him to Peds (not PICU, though).  Still not entirely sure what's going on.  He has so many physiological issues that it could be almost anything.

Not sure if they have a new nurse yet or not.  One oriented this week and wanted to spend a week with the kids before she made a decision, but we already know she can't work weekends, which is when my aunt needs the most help.  A new nurse is coming tomorrow to orient and will be with Mya this week while De is in the hospital.  Dinah was written out of work until the middle of April, but she'll have to be cleared by the nursing agency to come back since she had a stroke.  We're really hoping she can.
  • GJones27GJones27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Please pray for my best friend (one of our groomsmen) and his dad.  The father just passed away Friday night.  It just so happens that the funeral coincides with a one-day trip we are making to California from the East Coat, so we'll be able to be there for my friend. 

I'll pray for your cousin.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm home sick!  I really hope I can make it in to work tomorrow.  This is the new job and while I wasn't particularly excited about the lack of discipline in that school, I wasn't intending not to show up... :-/  

July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • edited December 2011
    Please pray for a Christian couple FI and I are friends with.  She is a first year resident (intern) at the hospital here.  Her husband is a 4th year medical student.  They found out today that he did not "match" into an orthopedics program. 

The process now is for him to "scramble".  This could mean he could scramble into an orthopedics program *somewhere* in the country.  (She is obligated to stay here for the duration of her residency, so this would mean at least 1 year apart.)  I believe his other option is for him to choose a different specialty to hopefully stay here where his wife is.

I know they would appreciate your prayers.  Please ask God to lead them to make the right decision.

Emily, I'm glad your cousin is not in the PICU.  This is a lot for anyone, let alone a child to go through.
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the prayers for De. 
    Jenn- He went straight from NICU to PICU and didn't go home until he was 8 months old, and that was when he became my aunt's foster son 2 1/2 years ago.  He's only been hospitalized once since then, when he got Flu A last winter and they wanted to watch him closely.  I haven't talked to mom this week, so I don't know if he's still there or not.

New Prayer Request: There's a little girl named Maci back home (she's 6).  She has a tumor on her brain stem that our local doctors said was inoperable on February 22nd.  They were all ready to go to St. Jude's on March 1st and were told they could do chemo and buy her a few months.  A doctor at John Hopkins said he thinks he can get 70-80% of the tumor and do chemo to buy her a few years.  They got to Baltimore yesterday and surgery is on Thursday.  This is a family of strong believers whose faith and trust has been so evident these past few weeks. 

Apparently Maci didn't really realize what was going on until her parents said they were going to St. Jude's that first week and she broke down, saying she didn't want to be bald like the kids on the commercials and she would rather be with her Papa in Heaven.  Her outlook has improved over the last week and she is excited to go to the Baltimore Aquarium tomorrow before she is admitted to the hospital, but I can't imagine going through this at 6...or being a parent going through this.
  • edited December 2011
    I have a few praises  Smile

I have asked for prayer a few times for housing and God has delivered.  I was trying to sell my house and my FI was looking for a place for us in his town (150 miles away).  Both prayers are being answered now.

I got an offer on my house this week that isn't as much as I hoped for but is enough to pay off the mortgage so I can keep my credit rating good.

And FI just found a place for us to rent that will take my furbaby.  The landlord is a Christian and wants to meet me and have me see it before he will take the deposit but he is holding it until Monday when I can go up there.  From what FI has told me it is cute and right by a park.  The only downside is we can't move in until the first so I will be semi-homeless next week so I will be couch surfing and the dog will board an extra few days but that's okay.  Its just a relief to know we have a place.

Thanks for the prayers and I will miss getting to lurk the next couple of weeks when I will have limited  internet access.  

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    edited December 2011
    PRAISE- Maci made it through surgery and they removed 90% of the tumor!!  She's in PICU right now and is still intubated, but they're anticipating that being removed very soon.  They'll do a MRI tomorrow and combine that with the pathology results to determine what to do with the remaining 10%.
  • edited December 2011
    PRAISE!  The school is allowing our friend to do one your in pediatrics here so he can be with his wife.  He'll reapply for what he wants to do next year.
  • iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay for the praises CRCrafts, Emily and Jenn!!

• iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Please pray for my dad.  His health is failing and it is really taking a toll on him emotionally.  He was here at our house today and he has such a hard time getting around.  He was almost in tears because of how frustrating it is for him.  He has bad arthritis and pretty serious heart problems.  He also has no feeling in his legs due to neurological issues so that makes it really difficult to walk.  I just feel so bad for him.  When I was growing up my dad was such a big, strong man and now he is so frail.  

Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards