DC

Please help :) Need help find a wedding venue in MD/DC/Arlington VA!!!!!

Hi everyone!!!!
I need your help. Can anyone recommend a place to have a ceremony and reception at any of these locations. 
I will be having 150-200 people. 
So far, I really like Chesapeake on the Bay, Gramercy Mansion.
I am looking for any place with one or more of the following:
On the waterGardensGazebo
Thanks so much!

Re: Please help :) Need help find a wedding venue in MD/DC/Arlington VA!!!!!

• edited December 2011
    I was also going to say Meadowlark.  We got our e-pics taken there and they turned out wonderfully.  It's SO pretty out there.
    Vacation

Vacation
  • dawnmhaydendawnmhayden member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at the Antrim 1844 and it has absolutely beautiful grounds!

Others I would recommend looking at-Ceresville Mansion, Chesapeake Beach, Kent Manor, Herrington on the Bay...

HTH!
    imageAnniversary
  • edited December 2011
    If you don't mind going out as far as Frederick, check out Morningside Inn.  That's where we're getting married.  It's very secluded, and the grounds and the event space are beautiful!  They have a lot of open green space, a gazebo area for the ceremony and a couple of nice reflecting ponds on the property.
    Vacation

Vacation
  • edited December 2011
    Great thanks so much everyone!!!

Couple questions...

I really like Kent Manor but I was worried about the bar being on the dance floor.

Also, Dawn I really like Antrim 1844, but worried hotels were too far and thought their hotel would be too expensive. Where will you be staying?

Thanks again and plz feel free to let me know of any other suggestions! :)
  • dawnmhaydendawnmhayden member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We're staying at the Antrim-they give you the bridal suite for free for the night of the wedding.  Most of our bridal family, immediate family, and some other guests are also staying there-we reserved the cheaper rooms (most were in the $200-$225 range) for our guests.  The price is a little high but the grounds are so pretty, and it includes the yummy breakfast the next morning as well as champagne in the guest's rooms, and coffee/tea/pastries at the guests' doors in the morning-they definitely go above and beyond a regular hotel or B&B...

Other guests are staying in Gettysburg-about 8 miles away-which is fine as long as they don't mind driving and don't have too much to drink! And others are planning on going home that night...

The Antrim is kind of in the middle of nowhere but after taking the tour and talking with others who got married there (including other knotties) we were sold!  We actually looked at something like 15 venues before that!

imageAnniversary
  • edited December 2011
    We got married at Chesapeake Beach Resort and Spa...it was a beautiful wedding!  We had 150 guests.  Outdoor ceremony on the water, indoor reception.  Great food.  Hotel attached. 

Dr. Googs is married to Mr. Pelvis. Happily ever after!
  • edited December 2011
    Mine is going to be at Ceresville--beautiful outdoor area with pergola for the ceremony!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • kaluha22kaluha22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My reception was at Indigo Landing Restaurant in Alexandria.  It sits right on the Potomac in the marina off of the GW parkway near DCA.  I could not have been happier with everything they did; the food was great and they work with a local bakery so the cake was included (and it was so damn good!!!).  The event coordinator was so delightful to work with that she and I b/c friend in the process and are going out for happy hour soon!  You should check it out!  Good luck and congrats!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards