Texas

Budget friendly, no cater restriction venue in TX-HELP

Hey there, I am newly engaged and relatively new to TX (within the last 2 years).
I need a little help with research, if you would.

We're looking to do an indoor/outdoor wedding and reception at the same location with no vendor restrictions and possibly allowing grill/smoker so we can provide our own food (depending on cost).

We're planning for the end of November/December 2013 (my mother has a medical condition preventing her from tolerating warm temperatures) and are looking for the most DIY friendly place, but one that may still have chairs and tables provided.

The cheaper the better - Think 1000 or less. We're headed out on Sunday to check out the Wildflower Barn in Driftwood if that helps to give an idea of what we're looking for. Also, we're not religious (he's ex Jehova's Witness and I'm a non practicing Catholic)

Thanks in advance for any and all replies!

Re: Budget friendly, no cater restriction venue in TX-HELP

• I'm not from Texas, but my FI and I are getting married in TX.  We chose to get married at a state park.  The ceremony will be outside by the lake.  Those details are still up in the air.  For the reception- The one we picked has a Dinning Hall called a Rec room, which holds up to 100 people, table and chairs provided.  It has a seperate kitchen- which has everyting but an oven, and a conference room that I plan to use for the guest book and gift tables, so more room for a dance floor.  And since they have BBQ pits at each cabin, they may allow you to bring a smoker?  Since everyone in my case will be traveling I am paying for the cabin stay for my FI and I and for the people who will be cooking.  Also will be paying the entrance fee for all the guest to get in.  That should still be under the $1000 mark.  Hope this helps you get ideas for your wedding.
    I want a love like Johnny & June!
  • Sac0192Sac0192 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2013
    What State Park are you getting married at?
  • Where is this at ????
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards