My FI and I are both ready to be married, even though we were originally going to wait until after graduation to tie the knot. I am an Education Major in MA and I have two more semesters (professional block &student teaching) after this summer. He has one more semester. We, however are in no rush to graduate, and we are hoping to move to the west coast over the Summer and start our lives together there. I am done with this semester in early May and would love to have an intimate (read tiny and budget) June wedding and just get ready to ship out. I am going to finish my degree there and look into that further in terms of transferring credits, schools with similar costs, etc. I don't want my parents to fear that this is a way for me to blow off my education, because it's very important to me, and I don't mind taking a leave of absence. It's just that the area we live in now has no job opportunities even with a good degree, and it is really expensive for young people to start out. The city we are looking into has much more opportunity and is less expensive, with a culture that suits us more. My FI was going to head out there already because he had a job opportunity but really didn't want to leave me behind, so we're waiting at least until the summer. Does anyone have any experience with this type of situation who could help? We don't want to break the news to our parents until we are sure.