June 2013 Weddings
Options

I should probably go dress shopping soon, but..

Unfortunately my MOH and the other bridesmaid who are my closest friends live out of state, and have crazy busy lives. My FSIL(FI's sister) lives in FL but is visiting for a few weeks starting this Sat. My SIL (brother's wife) is the only one who lives here. Do I just go w/those 2 girls and the moms? Actually i'd rather take my dad with me than my mom--he has better fashion sense! LOL.

Anyway, back on topic--I do want to include my 2 best friends but not sure the next time they will be able to visit and I should probably start shopping soon. Should I just start without them? I have a Man of Honor too, he won't be that much of a help, though LOL

I think I am thinking too much about this! Oh and also I am planning on losing some weight, is the best idea to order the size I am now or a size down to motivate me even further?

Regards,

A clueless bride in Jersey.Surprised

As always, I truly appreciate the advice--thanks girls!Smile
Wedding Countdown Ticker
Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: I should probably go dress shopping soon, but..

• Options
    Go with whomever can make it. Both my MOH (my sister) and out of town BM couldn't come. It was just my mom and I and I was still able to find an amazing dress :)

I would NEVER order a dress a size smaller.. what would you do if you end up not losing the weight and it didn't fit anymore? =\
    June 2013 - July Sig Challenge - Venue

Photobucket Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Don't worry about ordering yet... just get out shopping!
    I say take as few ppl as possible so that you have space to think. Bring Dad and Mom and start getting your feet wet before considering whether or not you bring the whole crew.
    Just have fun with it! You're overthinking right now bc you haven't been shopping yet. Just go and don't worry!
    June 2013 Sig

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    Thanks, girls! You've confirmed to me that I am thinking too much into this. I just have been a bit overwhelmed by all the wedding details. I get anxious easily!

n3rd, you are totally right. They can always take in a dress, right?! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    sparkles776sparkles776 member
    Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited July 2012
    I think you are overthinking it. I have been going with just my mom...I would bring the least amount of people possible. All that matters is that you like your dress, not your friends. As far as ordering, I would go off whatever advice your dress store gives you. I am also trying to lose a little weight, but would rather order my current size instead of a size smaller, because it can always be taken in. good luck and have fun shopping.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Definitely start shopping soon and go with the few people who are available? It'll be better to not be overwhelmed with opinions. If you want to make sure your OOT friends don't feel left out from the process maybe when they come into town make an appointment again to go try the dress on again to shop for accessories.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I would start and take who you can. In my opinion the less people you take the better, it can get crazy if their are too many opinions. I only took my daughter and if she wasn't available I would have gone alone. Never order a dress in a smaller size. You say you plan on losing weight but that may not happen. Order the size you are now and have it altered if needed. It's easier to take the dress inh rather than let it out.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    My first round I took three people and that overwhelmed me. I went again Friday with just my mom and it was a lot better. Go with whoever is available. You can always find three or four you like then take the others when they're in town to show them and make a final decision.
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I had a change of heart myself yesterday regarding dress shopping...  I was originally planning on dress shopping in December because I too plan to lose enough weight that I'll (hopefully) be a few sizes smaller before I start shopping.
    Yesterday, I was at the bridal expo with a bridesmaid of mine that's married and her idea was, "they can always make the dress smaller if need be, but it'd be harder to make it bigger. Go dress shopping as soon as you can so they can order it and you can have as many fittings as you'll need". Yeah... at the expo, David's Bridal was there and I made an appointment for August Smile
  • Options

CLR,

That's awesome! Yep, they can always take it in! But I was thinking the same, I wanted to go when I was down a little in weight. I was thinking of just taking my mom & dad with me this past Saturday, but then I realized I had to make an appointment LOL   I am so the anti-bride.   And my dad, even though he's more the "fashionista" than my mom was like "why do you want to go dress shopping so early?!?!"  I don't think any man has any idea about that at all, hahaha.

Thanks for all the advice, ladies!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards