Canada-Alberta

Anyone know of a reception venue with a large stone fireplace?

We'd like to have an intimate evening ceremony infront of a large stone fireplace followed by cocktails, appies and a dance :o)
 Any ideas? We are in Edmonton, but looking in surrounding areas and also maybe in the mountains...

Thanks for any input!

Re: Anyone know of a reception venue with a large stone fireplace?

• edited December 2011
    You might want to check out Snow Valley... they have a nice stone fireplace, beautiful view too :)
  • saltypearlsaltypearl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ellerslie Rugby club has a large stone fireplace, as does OTS park, both are also very reasonable!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    If you're wanting the mountains, the Baanff Prk Lodge (the glacier room) has an amazing one
  • redraspberryredraspberry member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I forgot about Union Bank Inn (Edmonton) also beautiful or The Ranche (Calgary) really rustic and pretty (I ate there this new year's eve!).
    Can't wait for our wedding in Banff! I am truly marrying my best friend :).
  • edited December 2011

The Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge has a couple different rooms that have a large stone, woodburing fireplace. The Spike room is located in the golf clubhouse, away from the main lodge and has large picture windows that over looks the golf course and mountain views.

• christelle01christelle01 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    check out Silvertip, high ceiling and stone fireplace, in Canmmore. plus you can get married in their gazebo.
  • kipnuskipnus member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I recently attended at wedding at the Faculty Club at the U of A. It has a nice rustic feel, stone fireplace, but the seating for the ceremony was tight. I can't remember how many people it fits--maybe 150 or 200? There was plenty of space in the other room for a sit-down reception, though.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards