Alabama

Linen Rentals in Birmingham or Oneonta areas?

I got a little perturbed looking at tablecloth rentals yesterday.  I saw some for $9.50 for party rentals that were listed for $12.50 for wedding rentals and it really just set me off.  To make it worse, I saw the same ones in the new Bed, Bath & Beyond circular to buy for $9.99.

Anybody know of a rental place I can look?  I live in B'ham and am getting married outside of Oneonta so anywhere in between (or Cullman) would be awesome!

Re: Linen Rentals in Birmingham or Oneonta areas?

• edited December 2011
    Sorry to be nosy, but where around Oneonta are you getting married? I live in Oneonta!

And about the linens, I have no idea. Our venue is providing them, so that was one thing I didn't have to worry about.

Or you could buy the ones from BBB and sell them on here. Linens are a hot buy on here!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    192 made the cutimage 128 can't wait!image 63 had other plansimage 2 can't decideimage
  • edited December 2011
    Camp Sumatanga in Gallant.

They had the linens but they're now missing.  They're going to see if they can get some from their company but I want to be ready with a backup plan, just in case.  You're definitely right about selling them on here, though.  
  • edited December 2011
    If you are still looking to rent, check out http://www.rentablecloths.com/ Their prices are the best I've found.  Keep in mind that you will have to pay for shipping to and from though.  It increases the prices some. But they are by far the best deal I've found for renting.

Also, the pp is correct.  Linens are a hot item on the classifieds board as well as on the classified on wedding wire.  You might see if you can find some to purchase.  Then you can resale them.  If you want to purchase new ones, I've had brides have really good experiences with http://www.cvlinens.com/ and then of course you can resale them.  HTH!!

• JGreenfan2000JGreenfan2000 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    the rental store in hartselle or there is one in cullman not sure of the name but if you go to google you can find it. I just bought mine they are cheaper and you can sell them on here http://www.linentablecloth.com/ is the site i found mine on
    Almost Mrs. Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    My hometown is Oneonta (which means I must know you sadie??) and that is where I am getting married this June.  I am using Blount Linen Services.  It is more of a supplier/cleaner of linens for many clubs or such in Birmingham.  They don't have a website, but I have listed there phone number below.  I know that they carry most basic colors and sizes of linens (I am using round, floor length white table cloths with a square black overlay).  They would be a wonderful back-up and give you some peace of mind.  

I was the MOH for my best friend's wedding at Camp Sumatanga last summer.  It is a beautiful spot!

Blount Linen Services' phone number:
    (205) 274-8899
    lindsay
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you Lindsay!  I will give them a call tomorrow!  You may just be my hero!
  • kattabkattab member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am in the Mobile area but make sure you ask about fees up front and make sure if they are ordering specialty linens, they call and know what lengths they come in. Blue rents called me 4 days before the wedding to tell me that the bridal cake and sweetheart table did not come in floor length when we ordered it a year before.    
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards