Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

First Look - Bands on or off?

We are doing a first look before our ceremony and taking the bulk of pictures beforehand. What are brides in similar situations doing with their wedding bands? Wearing them or leaving on just the engagement ring?

Re: First Look - Bands on or off?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_photos-video_first-look-bands-on-or-off?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:30Discussion:0b72aaac-3e8f-452b-a6dd-31a280cb10a4Post:560b60cd-0d31-46f8-953e-e382793d092f">First Look - Bands on or off?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are doing a first look before our ceremony and taking the bulk of pictures beforehand. What are brides in similar situations doing with their wedding bands? Wearing them or leaving on just the engagement ring?
    Posted by lizzie.duvall[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>If you're doing a first look before the ceremony, why would you wear your wedding bands?  You're not yet married.  Our first look pics were all about the surprise of seeing each other before the wedding.....it would've been weird to have wedding bands on.  Though to be honest, I'm holding my bouquet in most of my first look photos....I don't think my hands even show in any.  Keep in mind, you can also take a few photos after the ceremony if you want ring photos.
    </div>
  • I wouldn't. When FI and I have our first look we're going to switch our engagement rings over to the right hand (yes he has a ring as well.) We'll put the wedding bands on in front of everyone at the ceremony.
  • I would keep them off. This way you have a sort of "timeline" of the wedding day. I wouldn't wear the wedding bands until after the ceremony.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • vexievexie member
    First Comment
    We were going to wear ours because after our first look we did 1 1/2 hours of photos of us as a couple... but we totally forgot to put them on! lol  In the end there are only a few photos where you can see my hubby's hand and notice he's not wearing a ring, but otherwise it makes no difference (I did wear my engagement ring though)
    84image 73image 11image Wedding date: June 11, 2011 :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards