New Hampshire

Are any of you using Main Event DJs?

That's who I think we're going to go with but I didnt know if any of you had any opinions on if they are good or not. We like the idea of using the Uplighting which they offer a $250 discount on for booking with one of their DJs. Any thoughts good or bad on them before we commit?
Thank you!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Are any of you using Main Event DJs?

• dls.1215dls.1215 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Kevin from Main Event for our wedding in 2010.   We loved him, he was a lot of fun but very willing to adapt to whatever we wanted.  And the company was awesome to work with as well, always got back to us quickly and very easy to work with.
    April 2010 January SC - Favorite Picture from the Holidays
    DH & I at the Light Festival

Anniversary

PersonalMilestone
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Kibar from Main Event, we are actually meeting with him Sunday to go over all of our song choices. He's even into letting FI use a song that he altered himself. Main Event and Kibar have been great to work with so far, I haven't heard anything bad about them on here.
    My Bio
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    image 154 Invited
    image 47 Ready to Party
    image 7 Missing out
    image 100 Need to find the mailbox
  • versedversed member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had planned to use Main Event. We worked it out that we could use one of their newer dj's to keep in our budget. We tried to book the dj back about a year before our sept date, but they said it was too early. I brought my check book to book her at a bridal show - they don't book at shows. A week later, I called and tried to book her, but she was already booked and we lost months of time that we could have found someone else. Luckily, we found George Parker and not only is he in our budget, but he's also playing ceremony guitar for us.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Great, thanks for your input! We have an appontment on Wednesday to meet with them :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mariegramariegra member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We considered them, but decided to go with "Get Down Tonight" instead.
    September 2011 Board-April Siggy Challenge-Honeymoon Pics
    imageimage
    Planning Bio-updated August 16, 2011 NH Knotties Site
    Anniversary
  • ajweden84ajweden84 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using Joey Dion from Main Event, and we are so excited! We definatly splurged on this part but we want people to have a good time! 

They sent us videos of each DJ, and we booked him before we met him, feeling pretty good about it.  We met him at a 'meet the dj's night' and we then felt 110% that we made the right choice! I can't wait for our wedding!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Billy Rears from Main Event and he has been wonderful to work with so far!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Great!! I cant wait to have one more thing checked off the list. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I've gone to a couple weddings with Kibar from there now...he does a good job, but he plays some weird stuff. He played a lot of Disney songs and Where in the World is Carmen San Diego...at both weddings. We thought hat was strange!
  • edited December 2011
    I am in the process of looking for my DJ.  We are getting married next April.  We are looking between Main Event and Get Down Tonight.  There are DJs from both places that we like.  We had tried to work with Goodtime DJs, but they wanted up to book before we could sit down and talk to the DJ.  I was shocked that they expected someone to give them money before making sure that the DJ was a good fit.  It is good to hear that people have had some good experiences with Main Event.
    ~~Sabrina~~ Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Umm.. I love Disney, but Im not sure I want Disney songs played at my wedding haha Thanks for the heads up!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Billy Rears as well! He has been great to work with so far and I can't wait for our wedding because the music is a huge part of the wedding.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards