South Carolina-Charleston

Wedding Planners in Charleston?

Hey Ladies,

I recently got engaged a couple of weeks ago and am currently looking for a full service wedding planner. If any of you ladies have used wedding planners in the charleston area I would love to hear about your experiences...good AND bad.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Wedding Planners in Charleston?

• edited December 2011
    there are so many planners in charleston, i suggest interviewing a few before you settle on one. katherine miller events & yoj are two of my favorites!
  • edited December 2011
    I used Melissa at Charleston Celebrations and she was wonderful. 
  • clemsongirl14clemsongirl14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Erin at For the Love of Brides, http://fortheloveofbrides.com/, for my October wedding at the Sandcastle.  She's really experienced and doesn't charge a % fee like some of the others do.  email me if you have any other question feel free to email me, emurray14@gmail.com!  good luck :)
  • FMIL062307FMIL062307 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Amanda@Southern Cihic Weddings...fantastic!!!
  • DRibeiro13DRibeiro13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!! did any of you have a not so large budget? like around/under 25K? I want someone who can make the best of my budget!
  • edited December 2011
    I would suggest By Invitation Only...Event Planning & Design, Melanie has be great to work with.   www.murphyweddings.com
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-carolina-charleston_wedding-planners-charleston?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:600Discussion:2b5832b8-52b0-4fc5-83a3-5cf6d7178cf9Post:f096bf06-6297-4197-bdde-876515e4db64">Re: Wedding Planners in Charleston?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks ladies!! did any of you have a not so large budget? like around/under 25K? I want someone who can make the best of my budget!
    Posted by DRibeiro13[/QUOTE]

<div>We had a $12k budget, but we also had a very small wedding. I think for under $25k you can do very well. The most expensive pieces of our wedding were the site and the catering, but we had decided early on that we were going to go all out on food and really make the reception yummy.</div>
  • clemsongirl14clemsongirl14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    mine is under $25K and For the Love of Brides has been awesome about making the most of it.  My parents, dad especially, really likes how they have handled our budget so far
  • edited December 2011
    I would really evaluate how the wedding planner charges (flat fee, %, etc.) because that can start to really shrink your budget.  I definately agree with thefuturemrsfollmer and recommend interviewing several before making a decision.  Good luck!
  • cougarettecougarette member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Amanda at Southern Chic was our DOC.  We did most of the actual planning, and she pulled it all together and set up/broke down the day of.

Our budget was around $8,000 and we had a fabulous wedding.

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
    Amanda (cougarette) has read 10 books toward her goal of 75 books.
    hide
  • edited December 2011
    Warning:   Out of Hand events in Mt Pleasant did my daughters wedding Apr 10,
    Lisa Thomas is "out of hand".      I thought she understood fully the theme and look we were going for , nothing could have been further from the truth.  The most unethical business practices I have seen. 

Plus she lost 5 of my personal tablecloths then lied about the cleaning service she uses and how they may have them.   They hadn't done any work for her in years.

She told me one lie after another.       
  • katydid2014katydid2014 member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    We are using Candice at Yoj Events for the director of ceremony, and she is going to take care of all the ceremony decor and all of the florals including reception centerpieces.  I have already booked almost everything myself, so I just needed someone to set everything up the day of and she is really nice and creative!  She is also helping me keep costs down to what I want to spend so I really appreciate that.  And for director of ceremony Yoj is totally affordable!
  • squid17squid17 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-carolina-charleston_wedding-planners-charleston?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:600Discussion:2b5832b8-52b0-4fc5-83a3-5cf6d7178cf9Post:cfac735f-a02e-45e8-9936-52c085e939e7">Re: Wedding Planners in Charleston?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Warning:   Out of Hand events in Mt Pleasant did my daughters wedding Apr 10, Lisa Thomas is "out of hand".      I thought she understood fully the theme and look we were going for , nothing could have been further from the truth.  The most unethical business practices I have seen.  Plus she lost 5 of my personal tablecloths then lied about the cleaning service she uses and how they may have them.   They hadn't done any work for her in years. She told me one lie after another.       
    Posted by portside[/QUOTE]

I concur, Lisa is "Out of Hand."  We planned to use OOH for our wedding on April 11 but fired them after our save-the-dates came our poorly and were 3 weeks late. They also didn't respond to our calls or emails, even after we said we wanted to sign a contract and give them money.  We noticed that the Cotton Dock was set up the way we originally discussed with Lisa when we had our rehearsal.

On the other hand, Melanie with By Invitation Only was FABULOUS!  She is responsive and incredibly helpful. Thanks to her we had a stressless wedding.
  • edited December 2011
    I used Plusoneevents.com They were awesome.  I had a small budget but they were totally willing to work with me and we agreed on something that worked for both of us.  The owners name is Alissa. She gave us a 10% discount since this was our first event we have ever planned.  It was nice because they adhered to my buget and came up with ideas to give me what I want with the money I had. you can go to the website, she gives free quotes!
    Goodluck your wedding will be phenomenal!
    Best wishes Rachel
  • Allen+SmithAllen+Smith member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    [QUOTE]Thanks ladies!! did any of you have a not so large budget? like around/under 25K? I want someone who can make the best of my budget!
    [/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>That's exactly where we are at budget-wise, and we are using A Charleston Event & Bridal Library (aka ACE). Elyn and Christy run the show with the help of several girls, and they are doing a GREAT job so far for me. I moved away from Charleston in December, and the long-distance issue was really worrying me, but they have been so easy to work with. PLUS, if you go through them for florals and some other rentals, they pass along discounts the vendors give them. Going through ACE has rid me of the headaches of planning from NJ, and also gotten me some great discounts on photography, my gown, musicians, and make-up services.  </div><div>
    </div><div>I don't know how things will be day of yet, but I cannot recommend them enough. Excellent ladies, and they are making great use of our budget!</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We are sooooo excited to have Mike Winship of Winship Productions.He's a gem,Affordale,Adorable and charges a Flat fee with no hidden costs!!Just shop around and you'll see why he's considered one of Charlestions finest.
    www.winshipproductions.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards