Wisconsin
Options

Madison-area florist on a budget??

Hi all,

I'm not looking to spend lots of money on flowers, and am having a hard time finding a florist without a minimum $1000 charge (but I'm looking from the wedding handbooks)... So, I'm hoping someone out there has a florist they really liked, who was reasonably priced.

As far as florals go, I'm not doing floral centerpieces. Only need:
-Bridal bouqet
-4 bridesmaid bouquets
-11 boutineers (including groom)
-1 mother corsage

(that covers bridal party, fathers/mothers.... am I forgetting anything? Is it absolutely necessary to do grandmother corsages?)

Re: Madison-area florist on a budget??

• Options
    We are going through Abundance Acres.  The owner is woman named Terri; she only does special occasion flowers (many of which she grows herself), so she doesn't have a shop with overhead.  Here's the link: http://www.abundance-a.com/

For about $950 we are getting:
    - Bridal bouquet
    - 6 bridesmaid bouquets 
    - 11 boutonnieres (five groomsmen, three dads/step-dads, two grandpas, and groom)
    - 2 mothers corsages
    - 6 grandmother's corsages
    - Flowers (with water tubing) to decorate the cake -- this is doubling as a toss bouquet

So, depending on the flowers you would like, it sounds like she would be within your budget, as we are ordering a bit more than you for just under $1000.  I don't think grandmother corsages are required, but they are a nice gesture.  You could also consider doing corsages for your readers, but again, this wouldn't be required.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Have you considered Sam's Club? I ordered my Gerbera Daisy flowers from them. Here's my review from our Wisconsin Knottie website: (CLICK HERE FOR MORE WI FLORIST REVIEWS)

Sam's Club A+ I ordered online. For about $280.00. (I was charged 10% extra since I didn't have a club membership) I received 250 beautiful flowers. Only 3 were broken. With the exception of adding flower plant food, I followed the directions exactly. Allow for some time to set them up (I had help decorating my ceremony/reception venue) and have a few hours set aside when you have them delivered to your doorstep for prepping. I got so many compliments how beautiful they were- no one suspected that they came from Sam's.

EDIT: You can also order wedding bouquets bridesmaid bouquets, and boutineers from them or Costco. (My friend did this from Costco and her flowers turned out very nice, too!)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I hadn't thought of that! When did you order? When did you have them delivered? What kind of flowers did you use? You didn't find that they wilted, etc without professional care? How much time did it take to make up bouqets? (Since I assume this is a day-of event activity)

Thanks!
    Karen
  • Options
    Other grocery stores often do flowers too.  
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I used Floral Designs by Paul and I DONT recommend them. I didn't get what I wanted at all and for how much I paid, even on a budget, I expected more.
  • Options
    I highly recommend Amanda of Alluring Blooms!!  Her and her husband do great, custom work and even set up my centerpiece arrangements themselves.  http://alluringblooms.com/
    I did 3 bouquets, 3 bouts, and bouts/corsages for parents, grandmothers, and ushers, plus greenery for centerpieces for ~$500.  After she ordered my flowers, I got a message from her that my bill was $30 less than what she originally quoted me and would be refunding the difference.  Such an honest vendor.  You don't get that much these days!
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_wisconsin_madison-area-florist-on-a-budget?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:118Discussion:238f7a80-169b-470c-ba10-bd7a5b5d8aeePost:57a61158-c17b-41ff-a14b-6be6ce4985d2">Madison-area florist on a budget??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi all, I'm not looking to spend lots of money on flowers, and am having a hard time finding a florist without a minimum $1000 charge (but I'm looking from the wedding handbooks)... So, I'm hoping someone out there has a florist they really liked, who was reasonably priced. As far as florals go, I'm not doing floral centerpieces. Only need: -Bridal bouqet -4 bridesmaid bouquets -11 boutineers (including groom) -1 mother corsage (that covers bridal party, fathers/mothers.... am I forgetting anything? Is it absolutely necessary to do grandmother corsages?)
    Posted by ket29[/QUOTE]

<div>Felly's Flowers</div><div>I used them for my flowers and they were very reasonable. Worked with us to get what we needed and didn't try to talk us into anything else. We went very minimalist on the flowers too. </div><div>No, you don't need to do grandmother corsages. You don't need to do anything you don't want to. We didn't even have the groom and groomsmen wear boutineers, they wore colorful pocket squares with their tuxes instead.</div><div>
    </div><div>Oh, and yes, I LOVED the flowers they did for us :)</div>
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards