Connecticut

affordable catering for wedding at Webb Barn

Hi! I just looked at the Webb Barn in Wethersfield and loved it! I'm thinking about booking for next year :) The bar/grill across the street - Lucky Lou's is on their vendor list. Just wondering if anyone has used them? Any advice on other affordable caterer's in the area?
Also, is anyone selling any vintage wood crates? Or where did you buy yours?

Thanks so much!!

Re: affordable catering for wedding at Webb Barn

• We are getting married at the Webb Barn on May 25 in 2013 :) so we obviously loved it as well!! We are using Emily's catering, which serves AMAZING food, but I am not sure what you consider affordable? They gave us an awesome quote including open bar for 5 hrs, but we had planned to spend $100+ per person. Their food was so good that we decided to spend a liitle more than we intended. Katie, the event coordinator at the Webb Barn, said Lucky Lou's is a rip off, especially if you book them for a post wedding event. We plan on walking over after our wedding ends unannounced. I will have 2 vintage crates, 2 antique windows, 25+ vintage mason jars, 100+ antique small bottles, and 10+ vintage lanterns for sale. What date are you looking at for next year? Send me a pm if you think you are interested in anything and we can chat!
  • I was married there in October. We used Krause catering and had amazing food and great service, no complaints. Heidi is very straightforward, reliable and affordable.
  • A little advice if you do book the barn: the tables that come with the place seat a max of 6 (we had a last minute seating snaffu) and the chairs that come with the place are horrendous. We rented chairs for our outside ceremony and then our catereers brought them inside for us to use at the tables.
  • I am also considering having my wedding at Webb Barn.  We talked to the owner of Village Pizza, just down the street from Webb Barn (they cater events at Webb Barn all the time, and it's not just pizza), and his food options were very inexpensive ($55 per person including drinks).  However, we have heard that the food at Village Pizza is really bad (we have yet to try it ourselves).

I'd also love to hear of other people's suggestions for caterers, including per person prices if you are willing to share!

Thanks!
  • I heard Village Pizza is great from a few people that grew up in Wethersfield. I am surpised that you heard they are bad... maybe the catering food is different. I didn't realize they catered.

I know other people have used Krause Catering and liked it. We are using Emily's (as I said earlier on the forum) and had the option to spend between $100 - $120 a head, including EVERYTHING (food, open bar for 5 hours, gratuity, set-up, etc). When meeting with caterers, just remember to ask what costs will be added on at the end. If you get a $80 a person quote, but then you have to add 20% gratuity, 6.35% tax, and possibly rental fees, the cost goes way up. That is why we liked Emily's. They gave up an all inclusive price that made it easy to understand... and the food was amazing!! We are doing a BBQ type feel with beef brisket, pulled pork, corn bread, and mini crocks of mac and cheese. It is definitely not everyone's style, but we are really excited that Rick understood our vision!
  • I am having my wedding at Webb Barn also! Oct 25, 2013. I'm looking into catering as well but from here, I have heard wonderful things about Emily's catering and am hoping to hear from them very soon!
  • What is everyone doing about seating? For the ceremony are you renting chairs? Any suggestions of rental companies?

It was mentioned above that the chairs inside the barn are pretty terrible, and the website mentions a fee to use outside seating/tables. Does anyone know if they charge the fee if you bring the ceremony chairs inside?

• I am getting married at Webb barn June 2014. We are using village tavern. The food is amazing!! We had our tasting last month and we were just blown away by how tasteful, delicious and well presented the food was or a "pizza joint". John, the owner, is awesome.
  • I wanted something different for my ceremony seating, and we went with church pews from General Eclectic and now I just hope the weather holds out for me. 12 days to go
    counting down to the big day
  • edited August 2013
    Hello -

I am getting married at Webb Barn on September 22nd, 2013. Here are some of my vendors.

Caterer:
    All Smoked Up – Rob VanVoorhis
    rob@allsmokedup.com
    ***Brings grills and cooks at Webb Barn. We are having BBQ pulled pork, braised beef brisket, wood grilled chicken, mash potatoes, mac and cheese, corn of the cob, mixed greens, and rolls.

Alcohol:
    I am still working on this but you can bring your own drinks as long as you get insurance and a licensed bartender. (money saver)

Melzen Farms (60 straw bales for outdoor ceremony)

Rental Companies:
    Taylor Rental (linens, napkins, tents, tables, chairs, ect)
    274 Broad St. Manchester, CT 06040
    860-643-2496

• The first video is from my wedding!! Feel free to message me with questions!
  • Village pizza food is so yummy!
  • I'm having my wedding there in October. Are you still selling those items?
  • We used Choice Bar Services for our bar...it worked out for us. There were legal issues that we needed to meet but we were able to find a package that worked our for us. 
    counting down to the big day
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards