Not Engaged Yet

Bachelorette Party Gift

My friend is having a bachelorette party this weekend, and I went out and bought her a gift. I hate going to bachelorette parties where everyone is wearing penis shaped necklaces and drinking out of straws in the same shape. So, my typical "go-to" gift is a $50 Victoria's Secret gift card.

I had a coupon for $10 off a purchase of $10 (that couldn't be used on the gift card), so I decided to also get her a pair of panties that say "Just Married" and a bottle of chocolate body paint to go along with the gift card.

As I was leaving the mall, she texted me and asked what I was up to, and I said I was just finishing at the mall, buying her bachelorette gift. Her response?  If it's anything penis shaped, leave it at home. I told her not to worry. Then she said her brothers and her mom's bff would be there, and she didn't want to open anything embarassing up in front of them.

So, my question, do you think the chocolate body paint is embarassing? Do you think I should remove that from the bag, and just give her the panties and gift card?

Personally, I wouldn't mind opening that sort of stuff in front of my brother or mom's friends, but I know everyone is different.
~~December 3, 2011~~

Re: Bachelorette Party Gift

• Hazel_BHazel_B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I think it is perfectly fine! They sell chocolate body paint at the pharmacy here, so I think it is fine. I think it is more of a cute gift than an embarassing one.

• LizzyTish88LizzyTish88 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I think it's fine. My mom and I were looking at it in VS last time we went in and it wasn't awkward at all, so I say go for it.
    friends tv show funy
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks! That was what I thought too, but I wanted a second opinion.
    ~~December 3, 2011~~
  • edited December 2011
    I agree - totally fine. You, however are the only one who knows your friend. Is she a shy sort of person? Is she waiting for marriage? Sometimes it's best to gauge these things on the specific person in question...
  • edited December 2011
    I'm a bit more on the conservative and modest side, and I would be uncomfortable opening that type of gift in front of my mom or brothers.  Now I come from a conservative Christian background, my dad is a deacon, church 3 times a week, etc...  Not knowing your friend, I don't know what to say, but just wanted to speak on the other side of the coin.
    Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end... Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • lunarsongbirdlunarsongbird member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_bachelorette-party-gift?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:158ef223-458b-4ed8-865f-d8dd8ca37985Post:dbb759e8-eed1-4847-9264-6b1c7da7797c">Re: Bachelorette Party Gift</a>:
    [QUOTE]I agree - totally fine. You, however are the only one who knows your friend. Is she a shy sort of person? Is she waiting for marriage? <strong>Sometimes it's best to gauge these things on the specific person in question...</strong>
    Posted by allusive007[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I used to have a friend that was embarrassed to buy deodorant. Weird. ::shrugs::

But if it was my gift- I would totally be like, "Oh my! What fun! Hehe...Yum, Everyone!"
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • edited December 2011
    She is typically not a shy person, and they aren't waiting for marriage to have sexy time... I think she is more worried about what her brothers and mom's friend will think. I highly doubt they would be upset by the gift. I mean, come on, it IS a bachelorette party. I mean some gifts should be a little more sexy, at least, that is what I think :) It's not like it's the shower with her great grandma and great aunts being there.
    ~~December 3, 2011~~
  • cu97tigercu97tiger member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I'd say go for it, with only one question... how old is the brother? If he's 16 or over, I'd say it's totally fine. If he's 14, he'd probably be mortified, but he's got to learn sometime, right? :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards