Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum

Help!

If the bride has 3 brothers, and the groom has 2 brothers..should all of them be in the groomsmen party? the ages are 15 19 24 for the brides, and 21 24 for the grooms...

Re: Help!

• It can be done either way. I understand what pp is saying, but we did not do things like that for our wedding.

My husband has one sister and I asked her to stand up on my side. I have no brothers, so it wasn't an issue of my husband asking any to be GM. And it wasn't a big deal for me to ask H's sister to stand on my side bc we get along great anyway.
  • edited September 2010
    It's completely up to the Groom IMO. I think Bride and Groom can choose together, that's what FI and I did. We chose people we were both close to because it helped us fine-tune our WP, but it really depends on the situation, and I ultimately left it up to FI. There's no MUST haves.
  • My brother stood up on my side.  I think attendants should stand with the person with whom they share the closest relationship, not the most similar anatomy.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • My FI chose his own men.. I have a brother and we decided he would be a usher.. he didnt care anyway.. he hates tuxes LOL

Photobucket We're Married!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards