June 2012 Weddings

Oh the joys of home ownership...

Last night, round about 9:30, I was bad and decided I wanted some ice cream :) So I got the carton of the freezer, opened it, aaaaand spilled ice cream LIQUID all over the counter. WTH? Upon further investigation, some frozen veggies had thawed and a package of bacon. Luckily, besides the bacon, all of our meat was ok. We moved it all to a cooler and put it outside for the night. Currently, I am waiting on the appliance repair guy to see if they can figure it out... Rawr...

Re: Oh the joys of home ownership...

• gotta love it! I have a freezer on the bottom fridge and water drips down the back makes a soild sheet of ice on the bottom and once the entire bottom is covered the water leaks out of the fridge and all over my kitchen floor. I have yet to have it looked at, I guess I should get on that =(
  • I hate freezers.  Mine does that about once a year for it's annual thaw.  It's sadly I've been told just how the fridge works.
  • That stinks!  I am very familiar with those joys.  Our dishwasher for a while would randomly stop working for no reason.  It is less than a year old and is a stainless expensive dishwasher.  It was infuriating because there was no reason behind it.  Now it is working again and hopefully it will stay that way.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited February 2012
    Ick, that's no fun but at least you were able to save the meat. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_oh-the-joys-of-home-ownership?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:25b75ae6-5173-4bab-bd90-4512912de36bPost:2539588c-f9c0-45a0-a976-d883b8900be7">Re: Oh the joys of home ownership...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I hate freezers.  Mine does that about once a year for it's annual thaw.  It's sadly I've been told just how the fridge works.
    Posted by MMRoberts11[/QUOTE]

Seriously? That's pretty costly for a fridge to just do every year. *Sigh*

There is a steady stream of water leaking out of the front where the water/ice dispenser is. I'm guess it's from the full box of ice there was....UGH...
  • That's no fun! Good thing you were able to save the meat. My parents freezer broke once and my mom had to cook all the meat because it had defrosted!! She cooked all day; we had meatballs, roasts, pork chops, hamburgers, you name it!

Were you able to enjoy your ice cream at least?!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_oh-the-joys-of-home-ownership?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:25b75ae6-5173-4bab-bd90-4512912de36bPost:1dce51b3-dfdb-4a23-8a92-29512b32987f">Re: Oh the joys of home ownership...</a>:
    [QUOTE]That's no fun! Good thing you were able to save the meat. My parents freezer broke once and my mom had to cook all the meat because it had defrosted!! She cooked all day; we had meatballs, roasts, pork chops, hamburgers, you name it! Were you able to enjoy your ice cream at least?!
    Posted by ncd5015[/QUOTE]

That's awesome! Although, if that would have happened to us we might have been screwed anyway. FI is convinced the fridge is affected too. When I felt the OJ bottle before bed last night I thought it was still cold but FI thought not. I think he's being too sensitive but just to be sure I haven't opened the fridge at all.

Didn't eat the ice cream either. It was warm and all liquid. There was cookies though ;)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_oh-the-joys-of-home-ownership?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:25b75ae6-5173-4bab-bd90-4512912de36bPost:52a37099-72cb-4a2f-aec0-3935d3de98ef">Re: Oh the joys of home ownership...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Oh the joys of home ownership... : Seriously? That's pretty costly for a fridge to just do every year. *Sigh* There is a steady stream of water leaking out of the front where the water/ice dispenser is. I'm guess it's from the full box of ice there was....UGH...
    Posted by amyl9[/QUOTE]

Oh geez.  In that freezer we tend to just keep ice and things that are ok if they thaw or get warmer, such as alcohol.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_oh-the-joys-of-home-ownership?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:25b75ae6-5173-4bab-bd90-4512912de36bPost:dbe53296-a3c5-4431-a103-e2716d139077">Re: Oh the joys of home ownership...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Oh the joys of home ownership... : That's awesome! Although, if that would have happened to us we might have been screwed anyway. FI is convinced the fridge is affected too. When I felt the OJ bottle before bed last night I thought it was still cold but FI thought not. I think he's being too sensitive but just to be sure I haven't opened the fridge at all. Didn't eat the ice cream either. It was warm and all liquid. There was cookies though ;)
    Posted by amyl9[/QUOTE]

Hopefully it gets fixed soon! And hopefully the refrigerator isn't effected!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I was fortunately down in our basement doing laundry when our dishwasher started leaking onto my head.  We put a drip pan under it, but it's still not correctly fixed haha.  Sorry to hear about your freezer, home ownership can be a nightmare sometimes!
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • Update on the fridge: Apparently the thermostat on the fridge was bad. The repair man tried to fix it himself but wasn't able to. So the part has to be ordered and then put in, hopefully tomorrow but no later than Thursday. In the meantime, the repair guy rigged up the fridge so that it will run, but continuously. We have to make sure to let it run for a couple hours and then unplug it for an hour or so so that the freezer doesn't cause the fridge to freeze. SO, $243 later (not including the cost of the food we lost and the cost of the food I now have to buy to replace it), the fridge will at least be able to stay cool enough to put food in and there is a plan in place to fix it. Super t-riff.
  • Hope the part comes soon!!

We thought our fridge went out one night at like 11pm but luckily it was just the breaker. That would have really sucked!!!

Our dishwasher went out, but that isn't as serious as all your food going bad. :(
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards