Wisconsin

Ceremony Musicians???

PLEASE HELP!!  I'm trying to find a reasonably priced person(s) to play music for my church wedding this August and am having trouble staying near my $200-$250 price range.  I'm looking for either a solo piano and/or piano AND violin/cello accompaniment (haven't decided if I want to go just solo piano yet, but piano is a must!)  Can you ladies give me ideas/reviews of people you've used for your ceremony music? 

TIA

Re: Ceremony Musicians???

• tgude270tgude270 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, P.S. looking for someone in the FdL/Fox Cities area!
  • edited December 2011
    Lawrence has a good music program.  Could you post on a bulletin board in the school?  $200 is a ton of money for a college student, so they might take the job. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jberg134jberg134 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lawrence, UWGB's music department, UWO's music department, possibly Marian in FdL.   Check with music departments of the UW System 2 year campuses as well.
    September 2011 Siggy Challange: Honeymoon!
    image 145 Made the cut!
    image 59 Are ready to celebrate! image 23 Are missing out! image 65 Don't know the meaning of RSVP!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    If I wasn't getting married this August I would volunteer my services (I play violin)!

You should send messages to the music departments of Lawrence and UW Oshkosh. They both have piano and string students. UW Green Bay does not have a string program to my knowledge, but I could very well be wrong.

In the email ask if your message can be forwarded to the appropriate faculty or the department gig list. Give your name, email, phone number, wedding date, city your wedding is being held in, how much you are willing to pay(per person) and the specific instruments needed. This should generate some responses.

Good luck!!

(p.s. If you are not turning up any leads, please message me. I am from Appleton, and I may be able to help you out some more.)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards